Can we beat UTSA, WKU, or UAB?

UNT Family Man

Statistically. . . 

pts/game:     WKU 40.4; UTSA 36.3; UNT 36.1; UAB 34.5

pts allowed/game: UAB 17.3; WKU 22.7; UTSA 29.7; UNT 35.0

Looking at these two stats alone we lose all three. Our best shot is UTSA, but on the road and with their revenge hate— idk. We suck against the pass— so, WKU wins like 58-28. And finally, our next best chance is UAB. This could be close if they turn the ball over. 

We end the season with Rice— but with a potential bowl birth on the line for us— who knows.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

At best, we might go 1-2 with our best chance of a win being against UAB. Looking at UAB's schedule they haven't beat anyone extordinary with a close loss at Rice.

UAB plays WKU this upcoming Friday so I think that will tell us a lot about two future opponents. 

• Upvote 2

If UNT sticks to the run game and gets creative with it and forces their will on people, they can beat all 3. Our D is not good, but if they can be opportunistic I think we'll definitely be competitive in all 3. 

Pound the rock, give Aune wide open recievers and force a couple turnovers each game, we WILL win all three. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

I would say none of them are unbeatable but we will need to play at our best. Biggest concern is WKU and UTSA with their ability to throw the ball down the field. Personally if I was them I would throw down the field often. Would like to see us never snap the ball more than 5 seconds to go. Control the ball and keep our defense off the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Honestly I think we stand a chance in all three, but I would be pleasantly surprised with just one win.

When you look at our season, we were in position to win every game except for SMU. Had we not made some terrible play calls on 4th and short in Vegas, we could have kept up with the Rebels. But no team except for SMU has prevented us from putting points on the board.

6 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Pound the rock, give Aune wide open recievers and force a couple turnovers each game, we WILL win all three. 

You can't pound the rock any better than they did yesterday.   Aune was still 55% under 200 yards with an interception that cost the team a likely 3 points.  You aren't beating good teams.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

46 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

You can't pound the rock any better than they did yesterday.   Aune was still 55% under 200 yards with an interception that cost the team a likely 3 points.  You aren't beating good teams.  

That INT was just as much on the receiver in the end zone.  It was a good pass, D-back made a play on the ball. Receiver was there, but didn’t go for the ball. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Run it more. More. More. More. 60+ attempts. Throw it only on 1st downs and only off PA and end every possession with a kick. That's the formula. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

15 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:
2 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Run it more. More. More. More. 60+ attempts. Throw it only on 1st downs and only off PA and end every possession with a kick. That's the formula. 

A very hard formula to pull off.  Especially if your defense is just mediocre.  This isn't the triple option.  Aune is going to have to hurt them with his legs on pure option plays for this formula to work also.  I just don't see it.  And the UTSA QB not having to deal with the elements is going to hang at least 27 on us.