Attendance For UNT LA Tech: 16,590

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

I know people are saying student turnout was bad because it was a pain to get their tickets, but I’ll say once again, fan apathy is real. Fans know they will beat losing teams and don’t buy the hype of “they’ve turned things around”. I called this before the season when Littrell wasn’t fired. We’ve seen this show before. Lose to UTSA and you’ll be lucky to see over 10K in the stadium 

We could get beat by a combined 100 points against utsa and western and I’d bet my salary homecoming would get more than 10k. Even in the crappiest years people come for homecoming. On the other hand if we came back 5-0 in conference be ready for 28k

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I wonder if we’ll get a lecture about doing our part from the AD to fix that pathetic attendance….I wonder what else all of us can do to help attendance. That’s the real question….it’s not Wren’s fault. 

We can speculate on records and what it will take all we want…..but Wren Baker’s football program has gone stale. He’s one of the highest paid ADs in the nation. He needs to fix it 

It’s just more and more obvious that he’s stuck between a BMD and a budgetary problem. The old rock and a hard place. When you don’t have the funds or the donors, you gotta stick with what you got.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, GRN-WHT said:

TCU’s student section was packed playing at the same time. 

The problem is bad football. 

TCU is ranked and were playing another ranked team for first place. At a place that is expected to win or they will fire you…they fired the guy with a statue in front of their stadium because he was slipping.

We have nothing like that. Our coach looks out everyday at the practice fields named after a coach who got eventually got fired with a 42-64 record. Our students are basically told that football isn’t important here. And they’ve been told that for decades. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

59 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I wonder if we’ll get a lecture about doing our part from the AD to fix that pathetic attendance

I don't think this plays well today, anywhere.  Between a self-righteous generation of students who loathe authority would be "offended" and perceive it as "being told what to do," hell, might even be the catalyst for a protest lol, it's a temperamental generation.  To the folks who will say, "we were there for the SMU game, call me when you've got a real football team on the field" - anything along the lines of "please show up" from the AD I think backfires and has the opposite result.

And it probably should, this isn't a time to look outward for an answer on attendance but inward and the message from low attendance is: "it's not worth showing up for."  

WB can't pass the buck on this one, but I for one and encouraged by the fact that I think he knows this and is taking the lumps now, taking accountability, and knows it's his job to make a move that fixes and it's an internal/personnel move.  

I think he "gets it" from that stand point, so any message on attendance in the from of "show up" would reflect poorly on him and expose the fact that he doesn't think the DEPT has a problem to solve but that YOU the fans have a problem; I respect accountability and I think he's an accountable leader from that standpoint. 

• Upvote 2

1% of students basically showed up for the game. We're saying that only 1% of our students are actually fans?  That's pathetic. And don't come at me with how bad we are and how bad we've been. Actual fans show up regardless. It's equal parts not caring about sports, not having school spirit and the team not being good. The students have sucked since I started going to school here in the early 2000s.  Even when we're good they can't fill their side which is probably less than 10k.  If there was a problem getting tickets then it should be fixed by Wren, but if they wanted to go I'm sure they could have got tickets.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, untphd said:

Oh wait, never mind, we don't do things like that anymore.

Its not sustainable because of the litter! 🤡

'"Among the activities which will not be returning this year is the Homecoming Parade, a decision Jackson attributed to declining student participation, as well as the amount of litter produced not aligning with university sustainability policy."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 4

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Yea...there was less in attendance for LaTech than FAU. What few students who showed up migrated to the west side fairly quickly to escape the sun.

Thanks to LaTech...they brought some fans

They cannot go lower because they check tickets so idk where they went. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Its not sustainable because of the litter! 🤡

'"Among the activities which will not be returning this year is the Homecoming Parade, a decision Jackson attributed to declining student participation, as well as the amount of litter produced not aligning with university sustainability policy."

What about the university sustainability policy on attendance?

north lake park didn't want to cut the grass so they put up signs saying they were helping the butterfly pop.

Six months later they started cutting the grass again. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It shouldn’t matter, but I don’t think playing in the middle of the day is helping us. This game should have kicked off at 6 pm. Guarantee the student turnout would have been better. 

I believe you are correct; tailgating is always better, and attendance does seems to be better in the evening. I know many alumni who have kiddo activities on Saturdays. Late games they will make but early games they will skip. Students in the sun on a hot day cant help either. Games should not start before 5 until mid November.  

• Upvote 6