The Fan on the Field

Green Crazy

17 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I missed it. When did it happen?  I was probably getting snacks. GIF by The Good Place

Oh, it was hilarious!  I believe it was after our last touchdown by Horton in the 4th. I think a guy caught the extra point kicked into the stands in the north endzone and then jumped the wall and ran the length of the field with the ball, while wavingto the crowd, through the endzone where he then tried to juke the cops at the gate the players exit the field.  At that point the police who were originally going to just walk him out had to wrestle the guy to the ground when he resisted.  It was great pretty damn funny.

This post by Pavlovs Eagle is the only thing I've seen.

Screenshot_20221016_090832.jpg

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Oh, it was hilarious!  I believe it was after our last touchdown by Horton in the 4th. I think a guy caught the extra point kicked into the stands in the north endzone and then jumped the wall and ran the length of the field with the ball, while wavingto the crowd, through the endzone where he then tried to juke the cops at the gate the players exit the field.  At that point the police who were originally going to just walk him out had to wrestle the guy to the ground when he resisted.  It was great pretty damn funny.

He didn’t run across the field. He was running the other way when I saw him get tackled. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

12 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Hahah!  How did he think it was going to end?!  

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

He didn’t run across the field. He was running the other way when I saw him get tackled. 

He ran from the north end zone, all 100 yards, past spiriki towards the exit and tried to get around the cops that stand at the gate our players use to enter and exit the field.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

He ran from the north end zone, all 100 yards, past spiriki towards the exit and tried to get around the cops that stand at the gate our players use to enter and exit the field.

On the field? Or where? I didn’t see him on the field. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Good lord I’m oblivious.  I was sitting one section over from where the field goals are caught and I didn’t see anything until he got tackled.  I guess I was enjoying some of the other in-game entertainment☺️😁

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

On the field? Or where? I didn’t see him on the field. 

Yes, he was running down the hash marks on the press box side.   I will say I can only assume he caught the extra point and ran it onto the field because I noticed him when he was around the 30  yard line on the north side and still had 70 yards to go.  If the students had shown up then there definitely would have been someone with video.😆

• Upvote 3

He jumped (fell) off the wall in wing, then just stood there for a few moments, picked up the extra point, and then took off.

It was a bit disconcerting that he was able to jump off the wall, hang out, and then get about 80 yards down the field before any semblance of security took notice or started moving his direction.

The police officers that arrested him didn't even see him until he was a few feet from them, they were having a nice conversation that he interrupted.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Here's my hot take - he was obviously imbibed, but wasn't violent. The gaggle of police in the endzone weren't even paying attention. The drunk guy ran up to the cops and he paused like "aren't you going to grab me... or... nah?" So he tried to shuffle past them and out of the stadium with the ball. The cops looked around, paused, realized this guy is out of place and the reason the 200 fans in the stadium were cheering and then dog piled him. Five(?) on one and they can't grab his arms and control him? Geez. Then one of the cops starts throwing in some midsection punches while drunk dude is on the ground... It was excessive and the cops weren't even paying attention. The whole scene was brought to their doorstep in a handbasket and they sucked. But obviously, the drunk fan should not have been out there. Let's just consider him a unit test on the system though. 

CRIMINAL TRESPASS 0661022 10/15/2022 18:05 10/15/2022 18:04 - 10/15/2022 20:24 Apogee Stadium
RESIST ARREST SEARCH OR TRANSPORT (NON-ASSAULTIVE, ALL OTHER) PUBLIC INTOXICATION

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

28 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Here's my hot take - he was obviously imbibed, but wasn't violent. The gaggle of police in the endzone weren't even paying attention. The drunk guy ran up to the cops and he paused like "aren't you going to grab me... or... nah?" So he tried to shuffle past them and out of the stadium with the ball. The cops looked around, paused, realized this guy is out of place and the reason the 200 fans in the stadium were cheering and then dog piled him. Five(?) on one and they can't grab his arms and control him? Geez. Then one of the cops starts throwing in some midsection punches while drunk dude is on the ground... It was excessive and the cops weren't even paying attention. The whole scene was brought to their doorstep in a handbasket and they sucked. But obviously, the drunk fan should not have been out there. Let's just consider him a unit test on the system though. 

CRIMINAL TRESPASS 0661022 10/15/2022 18:05 10/15/2022 18:04 - 10/15/2022 20:24 Apogee Stadium
RESIST ARREST SEARCH OR TRANSPORT (NON-ASSAULTIVE, ALL OTHER) PUBLIC INTOXICATION

It wasn't excessive. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

It wasn't excessive. 

Punches *are* excessive. 

The cops were not "going to just walk him out" until he resisted. They didn't even notice what was going on until he walked up TO them. 

But whatever, whatever, maybe I have too high of an expectation for the capabilities of police. A winded drunk dude with a football shouldn't require five cops or sucker punches. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Did he get to keep the ball though?

Maybe it was signed by the police?

My 8 year old son said "that guy must have really wanted that ball - was it signed by every player?"

He legit thought the ball was the reason he went on the field - kind of innocently cute. However, my punching commentary comes from my 8 year old son because he was pointing out the balder/older cop laying into the guy with punches. He was legit like "what the hell!?" Not in a BLM kind of way, but in a "MAN YOU CAN'T PUNCH PEOPLE!!! YOU ARE THE  ONE IN CONTROL OF HOW YOU REACT!" sort of way -- you know -- the talk that all parents give their kids. 

edit: In fact, this posted video shows the last punch from the white-haired cop. Prior to this filming though, he laid in a barrage of punches while four other cops were on top. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

It was immediately after the kickoff following the last TD run by Horton.  The kick was a touchback through the end zone, fan went onto field, picked up the ball, and began simulating a return down the field.  He was already being closed in on (not very quickly though) and decided to force his way through the two at the gate.  He didn't make it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

I feel like every ticket should have a disclaimer on the back saying something like, “if you enter the field of play, you are subject to immediate corporal punishment delivered by the players on the field.”, and just allow any player to hit the intruder as hard as they can.  

Don’t care how inebriated the person is.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

Feels like this has run the course.

You can still get you down-votes on record though!  😜 

Removing cute summary of 'pro-law-at-all-cost'
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4