I'll say it

peanuts104

1 hour ago, Victorygreen04 said:

If you think we will "not win a game" in the AAC with Litrell then you don't watch college football. This team can compete in the AAC for sure. Not saying we will win it all right now but we can compete and win games. 

We're 0 for 2 against AAC teams this year so far.  And 1 for 9 (incl Houston) against AAC teams in Littrell's tenure.

Why are we so competitive again?

33 minutes ago, northtexassigep said:

Then 11-3?? What expectations do you have? I don’t get how you can say there’s no scenario where you think he shouldn’t be retained? I mean we aren’t winning out but we are playing hypothetical games here and that just makes no sense. 

So if someone said the next coach will give you one 11-3 season out of seven, with more losing years than winning years you would give that coach how much money?

Just now, Pavlovs Eagle said:

We're 0 for 2 against AAC teams this year so far.  And 1 for 9 (incl Houston) against AAC teams in Littrell's tenure.

Why are we so competitive again?

UCF, UH, and Cincinnati will not be in our AAC. We are 1-2 against our AAC with 3 more future AAC opponents left on our schedule.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

A 4-3 team that’s won 8 straight conference games is the laughing stock of CFB? Sure…

image.png.9c1aa71397c9c3d2a2a6f18406ba1532.png

Does anyone actually look at the 8 teams in the streak?

Rice, So Miss, UTEP, FIU, UTSA*, UTEP, FAU, La Tech

Outside of that terrible weather UTSA game, even if you don't win that game, you have played the bottom of CUSA and won. Congratulations.

Welcome to middle of the worst. 

I am with the others on here. A CUSA championship is a minimum and even then, the bowl would have to be a major part of the decision.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Rice, So Miss, UTEP, FIU, UTSA*, UTEP, FAU, La Tech

Outside of that terrible weather UTSA game, even if you don't win that game, you have played the bottom of CUSA and won. Congratulations.

Welcome to middle of the worst. 

I am with the others on here. A CUSA championship is a minimum and even then, the bowl would have to be a major part of the decision.

Cool. My point still stands. We’re no where close to being a laughing stock. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Victorygreen04 said:

I think this comment sums it all up. Put a fork in it. End the "thread"

It's pointless to just end the thread. Someone will just start a new one with the same hypotheticals. 

26 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

No, of course they don't. 

• Upvote 1

Here’s my problem:  the blowouts.

Let’s just say SMU beat us by 7, UNLV beat us by 7, and Memphis beat us by 10.  My perspective would be much different.  We get wiped out by average teams every year and it’s demoralizing.  The amount of games we’ve lost by 3 touchdowns or move the past 5 seasons is just mind-blowing for a team with about a .500 record who has played very few ranked teams.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Cool. My point still stands. We’re no where close to being a laughing stock. 

We gave up 150 points to SMU, UNLV, and Memphis in blowout losses.

We have beat La Tech (105th) , FAU (108th) , UTEP (121st) , and an FCS team. 

Yes, we are absolutely a laughing stock and we have not proven anything.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

This is insanity. Just for arguments sake, let’s say we win out and finish 10-3 with a conference championship. You’d still be demanding his firing? That would make us the laughing stock of CFB and would convince every quality coach not to come here. 

We are not finishing 10-3. If we do I will...I dunno, do something crazy. Suggestions welcome for me to eat crow. No I will not literally eat a crow.

8 hours ago, Victorygreen04 said:

If he/we beat nUTSAck next week we will be the top "dawg" in the conference (yes our conference is weak but still) Litrell deserves an extension in my opinion (is this the alcohol talking?) 

Yes, it is the alcohol talking and you should never drink that brain rot swill again. 😂.  Top Dawg I’m the conference only matters at the end of the season not midway.  There aren’t any midseason conference championship trophies or guaranteed bowl invitations (you can reach bowl eligibility but 6 wins only guarantees you a bowl slot if one is available in a bottom tier bowl).    And if we win against UTSA that is only 5 wins.   No fan should really want to see a Seth extension without a conference championship or a bowl win against a ranked team.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

I do not understand how any UNT fan is happy with Seth as the coach.  We’ve beat 3 really bad teams and an FCS school that isn’t competing for a title in their conference.  Until Seth consistently gets wins over competitors who aren’t bottom dwellers, he gets no extension.  These recent wins are nice, but these aren’t what I pay to see.  Some of y’all live in a green fantasy world.

I don't think anybody is happy with him as coach. We're playing hypotheticals. Happy with him or not, if we win out and finish 11-3, there's no way you can fire him. It would mean winning a conference championship and bowl. I don't think it'll happen at all but we're just throwing it out there because there's some saying there's absolutely no scenario where they want him back next year.

I agree with @TheColonyEagle comment that he'll lose 3 of the next 4 because it's what he does. He's shown us time and time again that he's a .500 coach. I'm not happy with his production as UNT's coach. I'm looking forward to starting AAC play with somebody else at the helm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1