I'll say it

peanuts104

3 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Yes, CUSA is a joke and NT has done nothing under his watch. This program hasn’t won a Bowl game under Seth and has been mediocre since the KState debacle. 
He’s not going 10-3. 

I mean, they said on the ESPN+ telecast that UNT had the fourth longest conference winning streak in CFB with other 3 having been to the playoffs last season so that means we're almost there, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Winning out would mean a conference championship and a bowl win putting us at 11-3, no? You're right, ain't no way he'd lose his job. Frankly, if that's what were to happen I think many here would change their tune.

Sadly, I still think we’d have the usuals clamoring for his dismissal. They’ve totally lost the plot. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, UNTcrazy727 said:

Sadly, I still think we’d have the usuals clamoring for his dismissal. They’ve totally lost the plot. 

It's just hard to invision a world where SL pulls that off so it's easy to say you wouldn't want to retain him in the event that came true. If we went 11-3, he'd probably get hired away anyways.

Personally for me, I was pleased with the emphasis on running the ball today and if we keep that identity, I think we can hang with UTSA.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

In all fairness. I was (unpopularly) calling for coach mumbles to get canned waaaaay ahead of most. Even I will say that an extension is earned if he whips a bowl team. Nothing less

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

11 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

It's just hard to invision a world where SL pulls that off so it's easy to say you wouldn't want to retain him in the event that came true. If we went 11-3, he'd probably get hired away anyways.

Personally for me, I was pleased with the emphasis on running the ball today and if we keep that identity, I think we can hang with UTSA.

475 rushing yards..absolutely insane! I love it!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

He will lose 3 of his next 4. Why do I know this? Because that’s what he has done for 6+ years. Why does anyone expect anything different? 

UTSA 5-2  Loss

WKU 4-3 Loss

FIU 2-4 Win

UAB 4-2 Loss

He has beaten every losing team and lost to every winning team this season as well. 

It’s death and taxes. 

We can argue about “what if” all we want but he will continue doing what he does. Just like he has this year.

6+ years of this. It’s not difficult….

believe the polar express GIF

Let's think positive thoughts! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

We beat 4 bad teams. I’m happy that we have more wins than losses, but I’m not satisfied with the SMU, Memphis, or UNLV games. UTSA, WKU and UAB are winnable but will be tough. Rice and FIU we should win. If we win 3 more games, Seth deserves another season here. 6-6 with a blowout loss in a bowl game, it’s time to move on. Do we want to accept mediocrity or do we want to take a step forward with a better coach?

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

We beat 4 bad teams. I’m happy that we have more wins than losses, but I’m not satisfied with the SMU, Memphis, or UNLV games. UTSA, WKU and UAB are winnable but will be tough. Rice and FIU we should win. If we win 3 more games, Seth deserves another season here. 6-6 with a blowout loss in a bowl game, it’s time to move on. Do we want to accept mediocrity or do we want to take a step forward with a better coach?

I think this comment sums it all up. Put a fork in it. End the "thread"

Edited by Victorygreen04
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

With that being said...define "a better coach"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This season is just for him to keep his job. The word “extension” should be the farthest one in people’s minds. Let’s see him not get embarrassed in the American first before talk extension 

So I differ from you even though Inwish you were right.  We cannot keep Seth with just one year in his contract… we won’t be able to recruit anyone with a head coach on such thin ice.  It’s tough for him now with just 2 years left on his deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

A bowl win or loss shouldn't be relevant in terms of keeping him or not. You keep him through December 20th and beyond you keep him for next season. It would be foolish to attempt to do a coaching search, hire someone, and give him 20 days to put a class together. A conference championship is the bar for a return, that's it. 

If he doesn't reach that bar it will have been seven (7) seasons without a conference championship or bowl win. Not even early 2000s ULM would accept that kind of mediocrity. We pay enough to expect better.

• Upvote 1

I do not understand how any UNT fan is happy with Seth as the coach.  We’ve beat 3 really bad teams and an FCS school that isn’t competing for a title in their conference.  Until Seth consistently gets wins over competitors who aren’t bottom dwellers, he gets no extension.  These recent wins are nice, but these aren’t what I pay to see.  Some of y’all live in a green fantasy world.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 minute ago, golfingomez said:

Well... Sure there is... Here's a few

-If he wins every game left on the schedule by an average score of 42-0.

-if he sells out apogee

-if he signs Arch Manning and two other five star players

-if he brings nick Saban on as his D coordinator

-if he cures cancer... That would just be an odd person to fire

-if he finds Ray

Well I stand corrected. 

If he pulls all that off, especially finding Ray, how could I say no? 

• Haha 1