I'll say it

peanuts104

Just now, p_phelps said:

I dont want to but there's Wrens excuse to. 

Here's how I see it playing out. We go 6-6 or better and we don't pay another coach a huge salary and SL gets crushed first year in the American and then we get a new coach 2024.

There is a part of me that wants to rip the bandaid off.

Would also love to be proven wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

5 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

If you disagree, please name realistic alternatives.

I disagree and since you asked, first, here's this:

On 9/4/2022 at 9:25 AM, jtm0097 said:

This is inevitable, changes will be made after this season. Let's get a jump start on coaches we might be interested in.

1. Tom Herman

2. Graham Harrell 

3. Doug Belk

4. Chad Morris (doubtful choice but he has coached in the AAC)

5. Jason Garrett (jk we already have a .500 coach that doesn't give a damn on the sideline)

Edit to add names from the posts:

6. Colby Carthel

7. Gary Patterson

8. Justin Fuente

9. Barry Odom

10. Kendall Briles

11. Jeff Lebby

12. Scott Frost

13. Neal Brown

14. Alex Golesh

15. Matt Mattox

16. Matt Mumme

17. Garrett Riley

18. Jeff Grimes

19. Skip Holtz

20. Mike Yurcich

21. Kevin Sumlin

22. KC Keeler

23. Bo Davis

24. Kellen Moore (he will be unemployed very soon)

25. Mickey Joseph

26. Darrell Dickey (we want Buick 2.0)

27. Bob Stoops

28. Eric Morris

29. Patrick Cobbs 

30. Deion "Prime Time" Sanders

31. Jamey Chadwell

32. Bill Clark

33. Joe Gillespie

34. Dino Babers

35. Sean "Old Man Lee Harvey Oswald" Peyton 

36. Bobby "hide the motorcycle" Petrino

37. Ron Roberts

38. Sean Lewis

39. Sherrone Moore

40. Andy Kotelnicki

41. Bronco Mendenhall

42. Jim McElwain

43. Ryan Walters

44. Shawn Bell

45. Curt Cignetti 

46. Blake Anderson 

47. Matt Rhule

And for even more realistic alternatives, see the following thread:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Victorygreen04 said:

If he/we beat nUTSAck next week we will be the top "dawg" in the conference (yes our conference is weak but still) Litrell deserves an extension in my opinion (is this the alcohol talking?) 

An EXTENSION!? Lay off the juice my friend. Let him ride out last yr and prove it again. The fact he sticks with a 55% completion has confident he wont get the job done. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I would rather die then have Tom Herman as our coach.

That brings that list down to 46 to choose from, with more noted/discussed/debated in that thread of 400+ posts which started after this season started.... 

You didn't but it was implied by the OP that SL is the only best choice to be the head coach at UNT, I respectfully disagree and re-shared a crowd-sourced list of alternatives, compiled by the GMG faithful.

Edited by Pseudo Nym
My bad, just saw that you were the OP; edited for accuracy.
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

If Seth beats UTSA again, let's keep him.

If you disagree, please name realistic alternatives. Yes, I know I said two weeks ago I don't want him back no matter what.

Realistic alternative would be: we need a post-season win. Seth has none.

• Upvote 6

Just now, Pseudo Nym said:

That brings that list down to 46 to choose from, with more noted/discussed/debated in that thread of 400+ posts which started after this season started.... 

You didn't but it was implied by the OP that SL is the only best choice to be the head coach at UNT, I respectfully disagree and re-shared a crowd-sourced list of alternatives, compiled by the GMG faithful.

I am also aware of said list and have participated in discussions. Part of my point is the economic factors of it. We still have to pay SL next year if we boot him. 

That said, there is one exception. If Harrell is available, let's get him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Y'all know we're supposed to play for and win conference championships in football right? Not just aim to get put in some mid December midweek 2p bowl game in an empty no name stadium against another 7 win team. Who gives a 💩 about winning the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl?

Show me a CUSA championship or Seth can GTFO. 

If we extend Seth with less than CUSA Championship trophy, Wren Baker is a joke... And no amount of MBB wins can make me think otherwise.  Can't blame him though, almost $700k a year to deliver mediocrity in your flagship sport while you hide behind MBB and a few good Olympic Sports teams isn't a bad gig.  Do that for a decade or more and you're set.

• Upvote 8
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Y'all know we're supposed to play for and win conference championships in football right? Not just aim to get put in some mid December midweek 2p bowl game in an empty no name stadium against another 7 win team. Who gives a 💩 about winning the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl?

Show me a CUSA championship or Seth can GTFO. 

If we extend Seth with less than CUSA Championship trophy, Wren Baker is a joke... And no amount of MBB wins can make me think otherwise.  Can't blame him though, almost $700k a year to deliver mediocrity in your flagship sport while you hide behind MBB and a few good Olympic Sports teams isn't a bad gig.  Do that for a decade or more and you're set.

It’s really hard to argue with his 👆🏻

• Upvote 3