So Aune is better than Bean ?

zenhuddy

3 minutes ago, zenhuddy said:

I guess that’s why I’m not a college HC or OC - did you see the Jayhawks 1st drive ? 
Bean was 53% in 9 games last year - seems Aune was roughy the same ? 
Beans wheels are tons better and arm is similar it seems ?

Now bean is 4/5 right now. Significantly progress since he was here. Crazy what having a real qb coach will do 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I see Bean being a raw talent that G Harrell could have molded into something special - but w/o Graham I guess it’s a moot point.  No hate here for Aune just getting some debates going that are representative of our present state of affairs and decisions made that have us where we are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

The numbers are the same.  And Bean as a take it to house threat everytime he keeps it on an option play makes the run game even better throwing below 70% from the pocket with adequate protection.  And in Aune’s case I am not talking 70% completions, I am just wanting 70% on target on time throws.  The receivers route running factors into that also but that is just another indication the passing game coaching is substandard here.   

I also think that if Kansas had Bean and Aune available to them with a same amount of time in their system, Bean would still be on the depth chart ahead of Aune.  So in my mind that makes Bean better.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I made a Jason Bean "watch" thread because I was thinking the same and I will say as of right now, they look about the same as passers but Bean has better wheels. Doesn't help that OU is dominating the line of scrimmage, has almost completely taken out the option game, and put up nearly 500 yards of offense and 35 points the first half.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Yes. Aune is better than Bean.  Bean can run, but that is all.  He cant hit a bull in the butt throwing.

I would take Aune over Bean every time.

Bean made some great throws in tight coverage today against OU. Unfortunately some were dropped and then with OU completely dominating the LOS and running all over Kansas while limiting Kansas run plays, Kansas kind of abandoned the option game. He's a much better passer this year than you seem to think.