** **OFFICIAL La. Tech vs. UNT In-Game Disscussion Thread** **

Coach Andy Mac

The ESPN announcers right now...."They did it in all 3 phases"....lol

Nice win.  When the running game is going like that, this team is hard to stop.  8 conference wins in a row is impressive.

The real test comes over the next 2 weeks though

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, 19GMG said:

Team up by 17 about to move to 3-0 in conference and y’all still bitching 😂😂😂

Always root for the win, still don't change a thing...... SL still out the door.....  Yes it's possible for people to do both.... Especially when both teams are in the bottom quarter of FBS football.... go on with the "whatyathink about SL now" posts/threads..... happy for the players, doesn't move the needle at all on SL.... Happy for the W but more than able to keep things in perspective.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

Offense was fairly good today. Defense was good at times.

On the other side LaTech is ranked 115th in SP+ for a reason, the defense being ranked worse than the offense. UTSA will be meaningful, this game was only gonna be meaningful if it was a loss. The conference game winning streak is impressive. Given the OOC its a Dickey years throwback

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

Login problems kept me from commenting until now.

Good game, Seth and team.  Enough horsepower to overcome the times the defense gave up the long ball. 

I was amused by the announcers statistic:  "UNT is undefeated under Seth when scoring more that 45 points."  One would certainly hope so, but then again, I was at North Texas vs. Navy in 2007 . . .  

I do wish they'd quit hyping the "streak of conference wins".  It's true, but CUSA is NOT the BIG or SEC.

Onward, to what looks like Seth in the AAC in 23

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2

18 hours ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Always root for the win, still don't change a thing...... SL still out the door.....  Yes it's possible for people to do both.... Especially when both teams are in the bottom quarter of FBS football.... go on with the "whatyathink about SL now" posts/threads..... happy for the players, doesn't move the needle at all on SL.... Happy for the W but more than able to keep things in perspective.

Agreed and I don’t know why Seth defenders aren’t worried about a team winning in spite of having a mediocre passing game.  To their credit they are coaching around that deficiency.   That is what those wildcat formation plays were about especially the ones after the first couple resulted in false start penalties.  Any team going forward and trust their secondary to play just okay, goes man to man and the defense should sellout trying to stop the run. Even with a historic running game today Aune still couldn’t hit 60% of his passes.  If that repeats in a dome against UTSA I don’t like our chances.  

Edited by Mike Jackson

First time in a few years that I've seen the football team in person more than once.  Tough to see more than one when you live in California.

Anyway.

Completely different outcome than the UNLV game where I didn't feel we were that overmatched despite the lopsided loss.  Ground game continues to impress.  We really should just Dickey ball every game until someone can stop us.  Should we get an early lead on UTSA I think our ground attack can wear them down.  Aune can be effective when the defense doesn't know he's gonna throw. If we get behind and he's forced to pass, we'll get blown out.

Coach still needs 8 wins to save his job.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3