Kennesaw State to CUSA

Matt from A700

7 hours ago, techdawg88 said:

what are you going to do? CUSA has to find a way to survive

Yeah, I head ESPN is going to chip in a whole extra Benjamin to the next TV deal if they add Kennassaw State but only if they don’t have a problem with their name being abbreviated to Ken. St.  They are hoping to get a few confused Kent State fans to at least get through one commercial break before changing the channel.  That should get them to that 1,000 viewer mark they are hoping for.

FDC63657-D5F9-40C2-B7CE-71622F529BCE.gif

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, techdawg88 said:

I'm content with the new CUSA, not much difference replacing Charlotte with a Kennesaw St

I’ve enjoyed your posts over the years, but this is dumb…real dumb.

Nobody has heard of Kennesaw State. It sounds like a truck driving school. Charlotte has a long tradition in basketball and people know who they are, even if football is fairly new.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, NT80 said:

It reminds me of FIU's stadium and situation, without the ocean.  Seems like a reach by Judy/CUSA to add more members.

The Bank is Back - Kennesaw State University Athletics

Agree 100%. Looks like they started up as FCS in a really poor conference and has success. Now they're in a little better conference and not doing well. Cannot understand, well I think we all know why, the presidents do not get rid of Judy as a commissioner. The next two editions look to be Tarleton and Stephen F Austin

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, untjim1995 said:

They can't do anything. Not one of the Presidents of the CUSA schools is gonna ask to have the first female commissioner fired.  Not one media member is gonna ask her if she sucks at her job. As soon as you do, you are a misogynist and hate women. She's bullet proof. 

Glad to get away from her.

This post hurt people's feelings...

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

• Upvote 2

I am familiar with Kennesaw because of the stadium's history with Major League Lacrosse. It actually hosted a couple of sellout championship games there. So it's great for lacrosse. But wild for FBS football.

Looks like CUSA's strategy is recruiting strong FCS programs. If they refuse to outright die, they should just go to FCS.

Hoping LA Tech, MTSU, UTEP, and WKU can get out. Maybe LA Tech, MTSU, and WKU can get to the MAC. UTEP to Mountain West if they decide to expand or the Pac 12 poaches schools.

Edited by Matt from A700
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I am familiar with Kennesaw because of the stadium's history with Major League Lacrosse. It actually hosted a couple of sellout championship games there. So it's great for lacrosse. But wild for FBS football.

Looks like CUSA's strategy is recruiting strong FCS programs. If they refuse to outright die, they should just go to FCS.

Hoping LA Tech, MTSU, UTEP, and WKU can get out. Maybe LA Tech, MTSU, and WKU can get to the MAC. UTEP to Mountain West if they decide to expand or the Pac 12 poaches schools.

• Liberty and NMSU joining because they found a conference that would take them.
  • Jacksonville State seem to want to make the move
  • Sam Houston is strange - They do not seem to have the support to make the jump. I think they are making the move because the think the chance to make future moves might be stopped.
  • KSU - Success in a low level FCS, struggling in the ASUN. Looks like they are rushing to make the jump
  • I think UTEP would sell their souls to get into the MWC, especially now that NMSU is in. For whatever reason, many UTEP fans feel stronger about being in the same conference with NMSU than SMU fans feel about being in one with us.

Seems they are also talking about SFA and Tarleton. Tarleton seems to really want to make the move but SFA while not against it still has a lot of support to stay FCS. Seems they (SFA) want to see how it works out for Sam Houston

* Disclaimer - I am a huge fan of G5 and FCS football and hope they all do well. Try not to wish anyone fails just so they are not doing better than us. Not a fan of trying to crap on other programs if they are trying. Now talking crap about their fans is a whole different story.

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:
  • Liberty and NMSU joining because they found a conference that would take them.
  • Jacksonville State seem to want to make the move
  • Sam Houston is strange - They do not seem to have the support to make the jump. I think they are making the move because the think the chance to make future moves might be stopped.
  • KSU - Success in a low level FCS, struggling in the ASUN. Looks like they are rushing to make the jump
  • I think UTEP would sell their souls to get into the MWC, especially now that NMSU is in. For whatever reason, many UTEP fans feel stronger about being in the same conference with NMSU than SMU fans feel about being in one with us.

Seems they are also talking about SFA and Tarleton. Tarleton seems to really want to make the move but SFA while not against it still has a lot of support to stay FCS. Seems they (SFA) want to see how it works out for Sam Houston

* Disclaimer - I am a huge fan of G5 and FCS football and hope they all do well. Try not to wish anyone fails just so they are not doing better than us. Not a fan of trying to crap on other programs if they are trying. Now talking crap about their fans is a whole different story.

CUSA is desperate to add enough teams for a conference schedule.  A lot of these programs are just jumping at the opportunity for a perceived promotion, without really being ready financially or support-wise.   It dilutes G5 and FBS with too many inferior programs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

CUSA is desperate to add enough teams for a conference schedule.  A lot of these programs are just jumping at the opportunity for a perceived promotion, without really being ready financially or support-wise.   It dilutes G5 and FBS with too many inferior programs. 

Could not agree more. I am guessing there is no longer an attendance requirement? Wish they would set minimum budget levels for G5 and P5 programs