Littrell needs to beat La Tech?

meangreen11

I do believe this game is pivotal to any chances of the team being better than 6-6 this year.  Because if they lose and Aune plays to his typical below mediocre standard, no one besides the coaching staff is going to expect better play from him the rest of the year.  That is deflating to the team (even though they would never let outsiders hear about it)and puts a lot of pressure on the run game and defense.  A loss here and then you go on the road to face the both CUSA division winners from last year.  I think even the most diehard Mean Green fans viewed splitting those 2 games is the best we could reasonably expect.   If they lose to La Tech and the aren't 3-6 come November 1 everyone should be surprised.  And a serious program would pull the trigger on firing Seth shortly after the 6th loss before November.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pellom said:

Eager to read the report today. .

My guess is Littrell has started to ask for assurances about his job stability and Wren has been noncommittal. 

There's no way anyone would know this outside of those two guys, unless one of the two leaked that info, which would be really stupid.
But yeah, I bet that type of conversation has happened.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Nothing out of the ordinary thus far, an unintentional tease perhaps as it was on the the back of a retweet to promote the article..... His first article of the day says this about North Texas:

1296843766_ScreenShot2022-10-13at10_31_58AM.png.78c985e9ced8a80b03e835c0066ceb9b.png1911236659_ScreenShot2022-10-13at10_33_45AM.png.34410191ed6fec64914b645110561abe.png

Okay, I assumed his tease yesterday was in reference to Littrell's job security. Guess it just meant we've never looked better than La Tech on paper and an opportunity we shouldn't blow.

• Upvote 2

Losing to La Tech would be the best thing that can happen, long-term, for this place. Because it gets closer to 7 losses that we need to drop SL. As we have mentioned, want the AAC years to go bad? Bring SL over as our HFC. We win about 3 games, max...

It sucks to root against your team. But if it makes the future brighter, then you do what you gotta do. We have to move on. This guy is a bump on a log--he doesn't inspire players or fans. His gameplans are simple and his QBs are just spare, Fine being the exception. He is nowhere near being the guy we need--Gary Patterson is the guy we need, but I just don't know if he wants us. We need someone with a spark and an edge, while being able to focus on making diamonds out of coal. He has done that at TCU and could easily do that here. If we are ever gonna make a splash hire, its to duplicate what we did with Hayden Fry. Its there--we just have to figure out a way to make it happen.

• Upvote 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 11

24 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Losing to La Tech would be the best thing that can happen, long-term, for this place. Because it gets closer to 7 losses that we need to drop SL. As we have mentioned, want the AAC years to go bad? Bring SL over as our HFC. We win about 3 games, max...

It sucks to root against your team. But if it makes the future brighter, then you do what you gotta do. We have to move on. This guy is a bump on a log--he doesn't inspire players or fans. His gameplans are simple and his QBs are just spare, Fine being the exception. He is nowhere near being the guy we need--Gary Patterson is the guy we need, but I just don't know if he wants us. We need someone with a spark and an edge, while being able to focus on making diamonds out of coal. He has done that at TCU and could easily do that here. If we are ever gonna make a splash hire, its to duplicate what we did with Hayden Fry. Its there--we just have to figure out a way to make it happen.

Agreed with everything noted. Short-term pain for long-term growth

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

While you make valid points. I can not get on board rooting against the mean green. I just can't....I agree Litrell has reached his potential at UNT. The time will come when we move on, but I will not root against our school..

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1