Parachute “drop in” pre game Saturday ?

greenjoe

I had lunch at the Patriot Sandwich Company on Loop 288 today (tu).  The owner mentioned if NT wins, customers get a 25% discount the following week.  He asked if I would be going to the game.  I said something about the Pope and a bear.  The Patriot owner told me there was to be a parachute drop before kick off.  He said at 1:00.  First, 1:00 is too early and, second, I have heard zero about this promotion.  

Anybody here jumping out of an airplane Saturday afternoon ?

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

24 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I had lunch at the Patriot Sandwich Company on Loop 288 today (tu).  The owner mentioned if NT wins, customers get a 25% discount the following week.  He asked if I would be going to the game.  I said something about the Pope and a bear.  The Patriot owner told me there was to get a parachute drop before kick off.  He said at 1:00.  First, 1:00 is too early and, second, I have heard zero about this promotion.  

GO MEAN GREEN

Are we talking about planes circling the stadium?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I had lunch at the Patriot Sandwich Company on Loop 288 today (tu).  The owner mentioned if NT wins, customers get a 25% discount the following week.  He asked if I would be going to the game.  I said something about the Pope and a bear.  The Patriot owner told me there was to get a parachute drop before kick off.  He said at 1:00.  First, 1:00 is too early and, second, I have heard zero about this promotion.  

GO MEAN GREEN

What I heard was that the Pope and a bear are to be jumping out of separate planes, with both landing in the old wrestling ring that used to be at the Sportatorium.  Bill Mercer will then call the action as both square off in a 3 round death match. It's supposed to happen 20 minutes before kickoff.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

55 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

.The Patriot owner told me there was to get a parachute drop before kick off.  He said at 1:00.  First, 1:00 is too early and, second, I have heard zero about this promotion.  

GO MEAN GREEN

Maybe it was an aerial banner dropped out of the airplane at 1:00 to be flown around a couple hours.?  Those things have been known to show up at a UNT Athletic event time to time.  Just sayin'

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I assumed too much. 

Yes, an airplane flies over the stadium and a human being jumps out (crazy, I agree) and a big bubble appears from his backpack and instead of his splatting into the artificial turf of Apogee Stadium, he floats like a bird onto the 60 year line.  Likely bringing a football or a coin or something otherwise readily available.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 10/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, drex said:

Rumor has it that Seth will be parachuting in with the game ball and then taking his place on the sideline where no one can talk to him or he to them...just a rumor.

Well, every military unit, including paratroopers, has someone designated as "rumor control". You must be that someone.

• Upvote 1

Gosh… I don’t know anything about that.  He’s a veteran, hires vets and I wanted to do what I could to be supportive.  I hosted a business meeting today and he made 18 tasty sandwiches as per order and they were ready when I got there.  Beyond that and an alleged parachute drop, I don’t know.  

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm just so glad all 200 fans witnessed. 

No doubt.  If not for the band on the field, I was thinking from the air the Navy Seals might have thought they had the wrong stadium.  I'm not sure how the home side looked from the student side, but the student side looked pretty anemic again today.  I suppose we've lost them for the year due to the early season non-conference losses?

49 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

No doubt.  If not for the band on the field, I was thinking from the air the Navy Seals might have thought they had the wrong stadium.  I'm not sure how the home side looked from the student side, but the student side looked pretty anemic again today.  I suppose we've lost them for the year due to the early season non-conference losses?

Oh for sure. Lose handedly to SMU, UNLV and Memphis... the students haved donned on their burnt orange, purple, etc. Our students suck when times are just going even average. They want a winner, period.