Jason Bean playing well for Kansas

Dannymacfan

6 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

This thread needs to be locked.   It is classless to bring this dude up now coming off the bench for Kansas.   When was the last time he took a snap for North Texas or practiced with the team?  Now his college career is over and that failed conversion to lose the game was his last play.  I feel bad for him.  I wish he had a better coach here at UNT.   We aren't P5 and we have no room to criticize when we held onto Seth way too long being cheap and not demanding performance on par with salary.  God bless him and I hope he has an education that will propel his life after football forward.   And if Aune is doing "Aune like" things this time next year please extend him the courtesy of not dogpiling on him if he isn't doing it at SMU, UTSA, or here.

Or... Maybe from a purely football perspective they just didn't do great? You don't have to murder a persons family to be critical of their play in sportsball. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I question the play call to put the game in the hands of your backup QB, but I do think he could have run it in.  

I don’t feel like the thread was resurrected to dogpile him. I have no doubt it would have been brought back to life had Bean been successful on the play. I mean, look at the title of the thread.

Be careful of being too critical of someone, you might hurt their feelings.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

47 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I don’t feel like the thread was resurrected to dogpile him. I have no doubt it would have been brought back to life had Bean been successful on the play. I mean, look at the title of the thread.

Maybe, but this board can be very classless at times.  When he was a starter it was relevant because of justifiable comparison to the QB starting for us that was in the QB rotation with him.  Just isn't a good look imo. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

This thread needs to be locked.   It is classless to bring this dude up now coming off the bench for Kansas.   When was the last time he took a snap for North Texas or practiced with the team?  Now his college career is over and that failed conversion to lose the game was his last play.  I feel bad for him.  I wish he had a better coach here at UNT.   We aren't P5 and we have no room to criticize when we held onto Seth way too long being cheap and not demanding performance on par with salary.  God bless him and I hope he has an education that will propel his life after football forward.   And if Aune is doing "Aune like" things this time next year please extend him the courtesy of not dogpiling on him if he isn't doing it at SMU, UTSA, or here.

There are plenty here who criticize or if you will analyse NT players.  Why should an ex-qb be exempt from negative dialogue?

I have stated in previous posts, that Bean should be a wr or cb, positions that could use his tremendous speed to more advantage.  Not that he doesn't have a strong arm, he just IMO makes too many poor decisions.

For the record, I was really sorry that he transferred from NT. 

Looked like a tough play to make. There were two players between him and the open man who could’ve batted the ball and the same two would’ve made it hard for him to cross the goalline, still, on the last play of the game you have to sell out and try for that goalline even if it is a daunting task.

Edited by Cr1028

4 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

There are plenty here who criticize or if you will analyse NT players.  Why should an ex-qb be exempt from negative dialogue?

I have stated in previous posts, that Bean should be a wr or cb, positions that could use his tremendous speed to more advantage.  Not that he doesn't have a strong arm, he just IMO makes too many poor decisions.

For the record, I was really sorry that he transferred from NT. 

Exempt no but it freaking irrelevant as he was coming off the bench and had not played here in over 2 years.   To me it a little akin to talking about an ex-girlfriend 2 years after you dumped her about how her next relationship failed.  It makes us look small and petty.  Now if he was starting and stinking up the joint that would be different.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1