Jason Bean playing well for Kansas

Dannymacfan

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

Completely agree. We need to be ball control.  Passing just enough to keep the defense honest.  That’s hard to since I feel we have very talented WR/TE group, but it’s just the way it has to be for us to be successful.

And I’ll add this:  When the coaching staff has recruited every player on the roster, we shouldn’t have to be changing the system to fit the personal.  It’s ridiculous.

I completely agree with the second point.

Up to the TEs and WEs being talented, they're definitely a great group. There's nothing wrong doing like Leipold does, using his QB/RB option game to open up the passing game. Having watched the Kansas game, early in Bean's snaps, the defense was biting on the run nearly every time. Two of the his TDs actually came off that if I remember correctly. The receivers were wide open. An efficient option game that the defense were forced to respect completely opened up the passing game. Like others have mentioned, it would be nice if Aune would keep it and run a bit more often. Later TCU began respecting his arm a bit more so he just had to create plays and force the ball some. Despite attempting 8 less passes per game than us, they're completing just 1 less pass per game. We could be getting our receivers the ball just as often as we are now with less passes by running a more efficient offense.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I completely agree with the second point.

Up to the TEs and WEs being talented, they're definitely a great group. There's nothing wrong doing like Leipold does, using his QB/RB option game to open up the passing game. Having watched the Kansas game, early in Bean's snaps, the defense was biting on the run nearly every time. Two of the his TDs actually came off that if I remember correctly. The receivers were wide open. An efficient option game that the defense were forced to respect completely opened up the passing game. Like others have mentioned, it would be nice if Aune would keep it and run a bit more often. Later TCU began respecting his arm a bit more so he just had to create plays and force the ball some. Despite attempting 8 less passes per game than us, they're completing just 1 less pass per game. We could be getting our receivers the ball just as often as we are now with less passes by running a more efficient offense.

I don't think our run game stuff is an option game. It's all predicated and called. 

• Upvote 1

This thread delivers…message boards really, really matter, so we need to have posters meet and fight in person, although one person never goes to games to show his support for the team. Then, we have the great debate on how Bean isn’t really that great, although he comes in cold and throws 4 TDs on an undefeated ranked conference opponent, as Aune loses, too.

Peak gmg.com

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, texx2818 said:

I feel like I’m repeating myself to this board but it’s obvious our strength & conditioning is a joke.

Injuries are seldom funny, I do ask how you would know that our strength and conditioning program is a joke.

It would take a very heavy analysis with access to lots of data (that you can't get) to determine how different programs compare. 

Injuries are an unfortunate and unavoidable element of football.  Every program suffers injuries including Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson.   I wonder if their medical staff are also incompetent. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I don't think our run game stuff is an option game. It's all predicated and called. 

You're right. That's what I was trying to say. We've got the personnel for it including a very athletic quarterback (at least in my opinion). The coaches could be doing so much more to help the passing game.

3 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

Prove the Murphy boys got paid!

I believe another poster here is friends with a Bishop Lynch coach who was told they left because there was too much money on the table. Not necessarily proof since it's an anonymous poster on a message board. Up to you to decide if that's valid or not.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I believe another poster here is friends with a Bishop Lynch coach who was told they left because there was too much money on the table. Not necessarily proof since it's an anonymous poster on a message board. Up to you to decide if that's valid or not.

Even if there were $0 available (which, it's a P5, no doubt there was money available), the opportunity alone is worth the move if I'm a football player.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Even if there were $0 available (which, it's a P5, no doubt there was money available), the opportunity alone is worth the move if I'm a football player.

I agree from a football sense. I'm also looking at it from the perspective of a young adult. You get to live in LA free of charge, have the beach nearby, the beautiful weather, a historic athletic department, a ton of things to do. I personally wouldn't move there as a family man but there's certainly some cities young adults with no responsibilities look to move to for the experience and fun and LA is  one of them.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Really?  We are criticizing and making fun of a young man that hasn’t been part of our program for years?

Are you serious? This board criticizes the hell out of our players, why can't we do it to others?  Have you ever watched a game that has nothing to do with this school and wondered "what the douchebag was he thinking?"...it's the same thing.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

43 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

And using a 4 month old thread to construct a fake narrative about him?

And I'm not sure what you mean by fake narrative. I thought this about him when he was here and I have a nephew who graduated from KU and another who is a freshman there and they said the same thing. 

• Downvote 1

This thread needs to be locked.   It is classless to bring this dude up now coming off the bench for Kansas.   When was the last time he took a snap for North Texas or practiced with the team?  Now his college career is over and that failed conversion to lose the game was his last play.  I feel bad for him.  I wish he had a better coach here at UNT.   We aren't P5 and we have no room to criticize when we held onto Seth way too long being cheap and not demanding performance on par with salary.  God bless him and I hope he has an education that will propel his life after football forward.   And if Aune is doing "Aune like" things this time next year please extend him the courtesy of not dogpiling on him if he isn't doing it at SMU, UTSA, or here.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

I question the play call to put the game in the hands of your backup QB, but I do think he could have run it in.  

I don’t feel like the thread was resurrected to dogpile him. I have no doubt it would have been brought back to life had Bean been successful on the play. I mean, look at the title of the thread.

• Upvote 4