5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

It's a fully guaranteed contract. Even though they can pay it, I think he'll have a longer leash than some think. 

I saw an argument that this also prevents rash decision making and gives coaches a little bit longer of a leash. I can agree some to that but college football coaches have way longer leashes than a few pro sports leagues, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I saw an argument that this also prevents rash decision making and gives coaches a little bit longer of a leash. I can agree some to that but college football coaches have way longer leashes than a few pro sports leagues, that's for sure. 

Not sure if it was Joel Klatt or who but someone was making the point that recruiting services are bogus and A$M has picked their classes based on stars instead of position need and desire and the things coaches used to consider before offering scholarships.  I’m pretty certain that A&M had the best class in the country last season and look what it’s gotten them.  Another thing they stated was that a lot of these supposed recruiting gurus never even played the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

wa31zspr7es91.jpg

If you really want to dig into this, you have to factor in market/supply and demand.  If people are willing to pay gobs of money to see your school win on the field, why would you not capitalize on that?  They aren't going to pay as much to see a professor successfully teach %100 of his students into As.  Your economics prof on Bloomberg TV ain't ever going to be filed under "exposure" and "window to the university"...not on the same level as your bball roster in March Madness.

• Eye Roll 1

• 4 weeks later...