The Murphy Brothers Update

Tom McKrackin

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Grayson just went down with an injury and the announcers are making fun of him because it's so obviously faked

Twas a time when uptempo was relatively new in the NFL world where this was coached. The New York Giants were notorious for it.

It's hilarious how y'all keep harping on the dumb penalties or whatever yet they're two of the highest rated edge rushers in the Pac-12 on a team that's about to be 6-0 and ranked in the top 25. I'm sure UCLA wishes they could send them back to Denton.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

46 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Twas a time when uptempo was relatively new in the NFL world where this was coached. The New York Giants were notorious for it.

It's hilarious how y'all keep harping on the dumb penalties or whatever yet they're two of the highest rated edge rushers in the Pac-12 on a team that's about to be 6-0 and ranked in the top 25. I'm sure UCLA wishes they could send them back to Denton.

We've been around the game long enough to see that a highly graded player doesn't necessarily yield positive overall results.

Some questions that come up are, Is UCLA better because of them? If the Murphs aren't there, are they still 6-0? Maybe they're a better 6-0?  How much worse are we without them?

I personally haven't watched UCLA.  There are probably others here that have, and they'd be better able to answer that question.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, greenminer said:

We've been around the game long enough to see that a highly graded player doesn't necessarily yield positive overall results.

Some questions that come up are, Is UCLA better because of them? If the Murphs aren't there, are they still 6-0? Maybe they're a better 6-0?  How much worse are we without them?

I personally haven't watched UCLA.  There are probably others here that have, and they'd be better able to answer that question.

They get to the quarterback.  

We are exactly that much worse without them.  

• Upvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, UNT86 said:

To heck with both of them.

I hope they enjoy the cash, but you could see last year they were talented, selfish, and nearly uncoachable.  Players like this make coaching miserable.  You want the talent on the field, but you know at some point they are going to do something that will cost you the game.  

To heck with both of them.

So have you actually met them to determine that they are "talented, selfish, and nearly uncoachable " or this this is your assessment from the stands? Just asking.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 10/6/2022 at 7:47 AM, UNTLifer said:

UCLA plays in front of less fans than many local high schools. 

That sounds familiar were you at Apogee for the last game?  Let me guess, you were one of the hundreds disguised a bench?  Getting early trial runs for Halloween done? Well that beta test passed with flying colors. However with so many people using that costume for Halloween it takes the novelty away .   🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

That sounds familiar were you at Apogee for the last game?  Let me guess, you were one of the hundreds disguised a bench?  Greeting early trial runs for Halloween done? Well that beta test passed with flying colors. However with so many people using that costume for Halloween it takes the novelty away .   🤷🏽‍♂️

No, but my four tickets were used. If you read further in the thread, I was referencing the game where the estimated attendance was around 1,000. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I stand corrected.  That still leaves me worried about La Tech. 

I don’t think we are at a point to ever overlook anyone but I think LA Tech is a shell of its former self. If you looked at the stats from the game, you would think UTEP trounced them. 
https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401426580

They give up a lot of points per game. If our defense show then we should handle them. What worries me is how we have performed after a bye week under SL. 

On 10/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, emmitt01 said:

They get to the quarterback.  

We are exactly that much worse without them.  

They were frustrating at times, but had a nose of TFLs and sacks - something we are sorely missing this year.

• Upvote 1