SMU/UCF Game

Big Z

16 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I really assumed their edge in Football was the repeated commercials with the blue GT500 Mustang.

We should hand crank start that old Mean Green jalopy that sits under the corner scoreboard at the games and do some very slow donuts for our own hype videos.

Model A Tv Show GIF by Reconnecting Roots

I wouldn't call that 1929 Model A, a jalopy. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

They are a OK to sometimes above average team that always drops 2 or 3 conference games and an OOC game or 2.

Losing only two conference games is rare for SMU. They've only done that three times in 20 years. Mostly they go .500 or worse.

UNT's record against SMU might improve when we're in the AAC together because they have a tradition of disappointing their fans when conference play begins.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Its still the same ol' SMU. Entitled, acting like their money ought to buy them into a P5 conference, but showing to be nowhere near as good as we make them look every year.

Our entire university acts like the SMU game is the biggest game every year, Then, as soon as we see that Mustang on a helmet, the whole team goes into a complete panic, pisses down their pants, and we get clobbered, making the non-diehard students walk away for the season. Rinse and repeat...

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

What with the calling of two time outs with 2 seconds left by SMUTville.  I guess they wanted some momentum going in next week game?

SMUTVILLE loves run the score up on us.  I think they live for it.

Well, we do make it pretty easy for them to do...

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I really assumed their edge in Football was the repeated commercials with the blue GT500 Mustang.

We should hand crank start that old Mean Green jalopy that sits under the corner scoreboard at the games and do some very slow donuts for our own hype videos.

Model A Tv Show GIF by Reconnecting Roots

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

I wouldn't call that 1929 Model A, a jalopy. 

I believe they converted it to electric too so no hand crank working on that one.

• Upvote 1