Jyaire Shorter - How many TD’s will he get against LaTech ?

zenhuddy

Jyaire is getting stronger every week it appears - he has NFL size, he just needs the ball coming his way! Throwing some positivity into our forum - gotta have balance, ha 🤔

I say 2 tds against LaTech and he finishes with 13 for the season - but if he goes over I’ll be ok with that obviously. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3

5 hours ago, Victorygreen04 said:

I think he needs the share of the targets. His ability is by far the best of our receivers. He has good hands and speed. He also can time his stride to match Aune's passes. He is a stud. Also how about Burns one handed grab against FAU what a beast! Glad we have some positivity flowing in this thread! 

Yes, that was an awesome grab.  He makes great adjustment and has superior hand eye coordination.

• Upvote 1

Just want to chime in that Shorter's career catch to TD ratio is 3.4 to 1. 

Think about that for a minute.  For comparison, during Darden's record setting year, his ratio was 3.9 to 1.  Shorter is a TD machine.  Hopefully we can keep getting him the ball. 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Just want to chime in that Shorter's career catch to TD ratio is 3.4 to 1. 

Think about that for a minute.  For comparison, during Darden's record setting year, his ratio was 3.9 to 1.  Shorter is a TD machine.  Hopefully we can keep getting him the ball. 

I wish we would use Shorter more in the open field, between the 20s.  He is a threat to make a big play from anywhere, and I feel like most of his use up to this point has been near or beyond the goalline.

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

I wish we would use Shorter more in the open field, between the 20s.  He is a threat to make a big play from anywhere, and I feel like most of his use up to this point has been near or beyond the goalline.

Not sure the numbers support that.  His career avg per catch is around 20 yards and 4 of his 5 TDs were 20 yards or more.  I think they are using him to stretch the field pretty well. 

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Not sure the numbers support that.  His career avg per catch is around 20 yards and 4 of his 5 TDs were 20 yards or more.  I think they are using him to stretch the field pretty well. 

Maybe you're right! I was really speaking about how they are using him this year, though.  Not sure what those numbers look like.  It just seems like, off the top of my head, most of his scores are him catching the ball within the 5 yard line, or already in the endzone.

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Maybe you're right! I was really speaking about how they are using him this year, though.  Not sure what those numbers look like.  It just seems like, off the top of my head, most of his scores are him catching the ball within the 5 yard line, or already in the endzone.

The TD stats are from this year. For example, two TDs last week were 25 yards into the corner of the end zone. His ypc this year is around 18 I think, so far from dink and dunk.