All Three Phases - FAU Cinematic Recap

Coach Andy Mac

6 hours ago, caritacavazos said:

Great game! What’s up with so many empty seats. I miss Fouts Field.

What’s up with the empty seats?
I think SMU destroying us in the first game of the season is (partly) what’s up & then losses to 2 we thought we had a chance with—UNLV & Memphis. 
NIL & the Transfer Portal (& our mostly non-participation with both) has discouraged many, many fans in the G5, too.  Count me in as one of those. 

SMU at UNT—1’st home game of the 2022 season.

A4A6CCC9-360F-4FE9-823C-97CAF8F0DD10.jpeg.2923cc77c580cff70e47af35ca7e9e4f.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

What’s up with the empty seats?
I think SMU destroying us in the first game of the season is (partly) what’s up & then losses to 2 we thought we had a chance with—UNLV & Memphis. 
NIL & the Transfer Portal (& our mostly non-participation with both) has discouraged many, many fans in the G5, too.  Count me in as one of those. 

SMU at UNT—1’st home game of the 2022 season.
7F36C333-5938-4E7A-9953-794FCB9666D3.jpeg.321fbca4cdae9cf5f05cb898d0b3a163.jpeg

This.

SMU kills us early in the season, we lose half of the fans that show up for that game, then we scramble to find anyone who will go watch us play whoever we host the rest of the season. 

The NIL and transfer portal are close to dropping interest here for many G5s. I hate NIL so much that I won’t put a penny toward it, on principle. And many many people feel this way. I get the transfer portal more, as it gives kids a second chance for many reasons, but I also know a lot of folks who hate it. 

If someone is a fan of NIL, it’s because they want their P5 team to buy away talent or they are fans of some pissant school that is rich but will never get to move up because they bring nothing to the table.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ve never heard anyone say they miss Fouts Field…

Thats like me saying I miss my first apartment.

Ha!  It was a dump, but it had some great memories!

Storming the field after beating 5-0 MTSU in 2001, one bathroom per side, urine troughs, food trucks before they were fashionable, funnel cakes!!!…what am I missing?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Storming the field after beating 5-0 MTSU in 2001, one bathroom per side, urine troughs, food trucks before they were fashionable, funnel cakes!!!…what am I missing?

We had the pee wall for awhile, not even troughs.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Hahah!  Was it a pee wall?  My memory must be failing me. 

Yep.  First time I attended a game and my Dad took me down to the restrooms.  I looked at him, and he said, "Just pee on the wall".  Greatest thing ever in the mind of a five year old.  They were later replaced with troughs.  Funny thing is that I thought I would never see another one until I attend the debacle at Rice during the Dodge era.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

Crickets, lots of crickets in the early part of the season...a concrete field covered with a very thin green rug, and a stadium of bleachers that was 33.33 yards away from the field from the BEST seats in the stadium.

That place was such a dump. The visitors' locker room would make a 6-man stadium look acceptable.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1