UTSA game implications

Yes both NT and UTSA need to win their next games before the 22nd, but looking at the standings, this could be the most meaningful game in the series since 2013. The winner, barring some disastrous collapse (which is something NT would do) would most likely host the championship game. 

NT and UTSA should be 3-0 in conference going into it, it should be huge. Hopefully NT shows up.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Actually, i'm a little out of the loop and don't know where to look, what is the structure of the conference this year? is there a conference championship game? I believe there aren't any divisions this year, right?

Good point. No divisions. 

Are they doing the latest big12 model. Top 2 teams play? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yes both NT and UTSA need to win their next games before the 22nd, but looking at the standings, this could be the most meaningful game in the series since 2013. The winner, barring some disastrous collapse (which is something NT would do) would most likely host the championship game. 

NT and UTSA should be 3-0 in conference going into it, it should be huge. Hopefully NT shows up.

I’m as big a homer as anyone & many posts I’m looking thru the green-tinted glasses, but watching UTSA in 3 of their 2022  televised games I don’t see our game with them being close at all in the Alamodome. (I hope the 450 member Green Brigade shows for this game),
We have talent on our team, but their starters have more game experience & their QB is a game-changer & seems a man with a mission. 

75F39DD6-1694-4F26-A6D2-8D1CDFE337BF.jpeg.fb8e87d91bb721a39fecd8f643f50df7.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Unless our secondary continues to improve, Harris is gonna to shred us. He's having an incredibly good year

More so, I think our pressure on the QB has to improve.  He tends to make mistakes when pressured.  If he has time to sit in the pocket,  well, I don't even want to think about that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Unless our secondary continues to improve, Harris is gonna to shred us. He's having an incredibly good year

It’s going to be very tough to beat them with our defense. Luckily, UTSA’s defense isn’t very good either so we should put up plenty of points. I just don’t think we’ll be able to put up the 40 that will be needed. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

More so, I think our pressure on the QB has to improve.  He tends to make mistakes when pressured.  If he has time to sit in the pocket,  well, I don't even want to think about that.

This. Our secondary has been bad but honestly the times we seem to get to the QB is when it’s a coverage sack. Very little quick pressure, which is understandable given how often we only rush three or maybe four. 

• Upvote 1