College Inn is being demolished!

Tom McKrackin

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Any word on what UNT might put there?

If they want to continue increasing on-campus population, there aren't too many lots left to destroy. Well, I guess there is. But I'd hate to see all of them go away.

Maybe build up for a change with a similar residential building to Kerr B Tower?

University Inn

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Any word on what UNT might put there?

If they want to continue increasing on-campus population, there aren't too many lots left to destroy. Well, I guess there is. But I'd hate to see all of them go away.

Maybe build up for a change with a similar residential building to Kerr B Tower?

Will definitely be a new residence hall, that's what the master plan has had on it for years. 

Lots 11, 7, and 9 in front of it are also supposed to be more science buildings to build up the science core of campus. So yes more of those lots will be changed to buildings in the future. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Will definitely be a new residence hall, that's what the master plan has had on it for years. 

Lots 11, 7, and 9 in front of it are also supposed to be more science buildings to build up the science core of campus. So yes more of those lots will be changed to buildings in the future. 

Damn, sounds like Fouts will be the only lot in the near future.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Damn, sounds like Fouts will be the only lot in the near future.

Even that will have some new dorms built on it. IIRC the future plan was to close campus off more so there is less empty space and replace the lost parking space with multi-story lots like the one close to Kerr. It makes sense, buying land outside of campus is expensive and unpopular if you demolish an iconic place students like to hang out at. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

If anyone is in the area of College Inn when they start demolition, could you be on the lookout for something for me.  I lost my innocence there at one time and have been unable to locate it.

I think a lot of us lost our innocence at the College Inn.  All of a sudden, I'm feeling a little dirty thinking about it.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I grew up there one night.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

If anyone is in the area of College Inn when they start demolition, could you be on the lookout for something for me.  I lost my innocence there at one time and have been unable to locate it.

I think a bunch of us did.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1