Since the Sky is officially falling—Can UNT duplicate what App. St. has done with their End Zone Facility/Athletic Center?

PlummMeanGreen

MeThinks UNT can (& will), but winning seasons & bowl game wins is essential & is the minimal expectation.  I agree with the SMU poster who said no reason UNT can’t annually win 8 games per season.

One has told me Wren Baker is the kind of AD who can get the money. (I believed him, but most likely it won’t be next week or next month). 

I applaud what SMU & Gary Webber are doing at G. Ford because they have set a new AAC standard for stadium expansion.  We can whine all we want on this forum (& we will), but UNT now has no choice to do similar if we want to leave the OldDenton stuck in mud mode behind & compete in the American upper echelon.  

Below is what some in one of the poorest spots in America has admirably done with their stadium.  Really bothers me to hear Texans on GMG continually say what we cannot do. UTSA fans don’t  seem to do much of that & look (short & long range) where they are headed?  (Some of us also like who the RR’s play for their OOC home games the last few years).  
•••The family portrait pic below the App. State stadium pics has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever, but it just warms my soul to see a smiling & happy family at the Apogee Stadium complex. TV’s Pioneer Woman Gang really look like a fun bunch.

Here is App.States Athletic Center & End Zone facility combo.

1E83EBD7-3E10-45B5-851F-D8C5D8A7D6AB.jpeg.973f1a23c7ad13cf25cf1461a1ec8b65.jpeg1AEB357E-8310-4AF7-9C57-4AE18808430F.jpeg.06bacfbd5b4f6e31ad10fe30d20c7cf6.jpeg1C6266FB-37C5-455F-B313-686755594504.png.e9889d34e6fbb450378b0f2916f2ee0c.png

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

•••The family portrait pic below the App. State stadium pics has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever, but it just warms my soul to see a smiling & happy family at Apogee Stadium. TV’s Pioneer Woman Gang really look like a fun bunch.

I see you and some others jockeying hard on here today for that family dinner invite 🔥 🤣

Balling What Now GIF by Kevin Hart: What Now?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Unless I'm missing something as a paying CL ticket holder, we don't need more premium seating.  I'm convinced we're giving away tickets to half the people in the CL every week anyways.  Not sure if the Letterman's Association can get any ex players free tickets on demand, but there's about 150-200 regular people and then a rotating group of ex players, Athletic Dept family friends, and the occasional player's families up there.  My CL section I sit in has absolutely lost people YOY

• Upvote 5
  • Oh Boy! 1

32 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Unless I'm missing something as a paying CL ticket holder, we don't need more premium seating.  I'm convinced we're giving away tickets to half the people in the CL every week anyways.  Not sure if the Letterman's Association can get any ex players free tickets on demand, but there's about 150-200 regular people and then a rotating group of ex players, Athletic Dept family friends, and the occasional player's families up there.  My CL section I sit in has absolutely lost people YOY

Would be infuriating to find out they would give anything away for free or cut the price with the amount they charged people for the licensing to start with…. Would love to hear more… maybe the department can owe us some money for a change 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

15 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I’d say if we start winning at a rate like App State, we can build something like that. However, we aren’t. It’s unnecessary. Just make the endzone the athletic complex and put a huge scoreboard like Okie State

• Upvote 1

Well, our end zone may not look quite that fancy but I expect it to be very functional.  It's my understanding that the videoboard will be removed (boo) and the Athletic Building will be expanded to include premium seating.  The portion to the east will be a large expansion of the weight room.  That could greatly improve our S and C.  There are too many athletes trying to use a small weight room so that each athlete is scheduled over a twelve hour? day.  With a lot more equipment (and room to use it) this should allow for more time on each machine with no odd scheduling hours.  I'm thinking that the poor S and C has not been the fault of the coaches.  There's to be more study rooms, training rooms and coaches offices.  It may not be as flashy as Appy State but it'll be just as functional.  Oh yeah.  I believe that they are also going to improve the football locker room.  I don't like them moving the big video and putting four small ones in each corner.  I would hope that they will sooner or later put a board on the roof of the athletic building and/or the middle of the wing section.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’d say if we start winning at a rate like App State, we can build something like that. However, we aren’t. It’s unnecessary. Just make the endzone the athletic complex and put a huge scoreboard like Okie State

/\ This /\

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

And those seats will continue to decline. Too much convenience at home + too much money for those seats = declining sales. 

Make the seats actually affordable while also fielding a worthwhile product then they'd be booming. It would stop looking like a senior citizen resort up there in the suites, but it would be booming. I mean, why not get already fans in more expensive, yet affordable seats? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

And those seats will continue to decline. Too much convenience at home + too much money for those seats = declining sales. 

Make the seats actually affordable while also fielding a worthwhile product then they'd be booming. It would stop looking like a senior citizen resort up there in the suites, but it would be booming. I mean, why not get already fans in more expensive, yet affordable seats? 

There is still something incredibly fun about being at the games in person.  I so agree that there are some that will opt to watch from home if it gets too expensive though.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

There is still something incredibly fun about being at the games in person.  I so agree that there are some that will opt to watch from home if it gets too expensive though.

When the product is average or below, the in-person product is so awful. But when Apathy Stadium is bumpin, it's hella fun. 

• Upvote 2

Well I am 80 and gave up my Club seats and white parking during the initial pandemic three years ago. Last year I bought a three pack but parking across I35 proved to be a longer walk than I was willing to make. I still support the Mean Green Club and would purchase tickets again if parking was improved. In a perfect world I would like UNT to move its Women's soft ball field south of Bonnie Brae with all ort other athletic facilities and turn the present location into a parking lot. In my opinion[ I know it sounds self serving, and it is] improved parking should be a higher priority than it appears to be.

• Thanks 4

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

Would be infuriating to find out they would give anything away for free or cut the price with the amount they charged people for the licensing to start with….  🤣

Oh I'm sure they're giving away tix or allowing specific groups to buy one game at face value or below (no $5k to $10k 5yr MGSF requirement, aka: seat license required). 

And heaven forbid you attempt to buy 4 extra tickets for a game if you have only normally have two seats.  I did it once in 5 years and it was like an act of congress to make it happen.  Lots of "we normally can't do this... lots of CL season tix holders will get mad... this is a one time gesture!" Nevermind those 4 extra tickets cost $550+ for seats that to this day I haven't seen anyone sitting in for half a decade.

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It would stop looking like a senior citizen resort up there in the suites, 

They have a serious problem within the next 7 to 10 years.  Average age of the people who clearly are paying is late 60's to early 70's.  Sub 45 year olds regulars that aren't gratis tix can be counted in the tens in the CL.  It speaks to the decades of alienated fans that make up the DFW UNT alumni base.

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Last year I bought a three pack but parking across I35 proved to be a longer walk than I was willing to make. 

Isn't there a ADA/Handicap shuttle for the Orange Lot that will take you right to the front of Apogee by The Mean Joe statue?  I know they have one for the Blue Lot, I saw it this past Saturday.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Well, our end zone may not look quite that fancy but I expect it to be very functional.  It's my understanding that the videoboard will be removed (boo) and the Athletic Building will be expanded to include premium seating.  The portion to the east will be a large expansion of the weight room.  That could greatly improve our S and C.  There are too many athletes trying to use a small weight room so that each athlete is scheduled over a twelve hour? day.  With a lot more equipment (and room to use it) this should allow for more time on each machine with no odd scheduling hours.  I'm thinking that the poor S and C has not been the fault of the coaches.  There's to be more study rooms, training rooms and coaches offices.  It may not be as flashy as Appy State but it'll be just as functional.  Oh yeah.  I believe that they are also going to improve the football locker room.  I don't like them moving the big video and putting four small ones in each corner.  I would hope that they will sooner or later put a board on the roof of the athletic building and/or the middle of the wing section.

You & I, Jack, agree on so much (& have now for 50 years).  I, too, would love a huge sideline-to-sideline video screen at top center of an End Zone facility.

This La Tech rendering below of 2 very large screens I could live with because they are large. Their finished product it appears to me will not allow that to happen, though, so another rendering that has gone unfulfilled?   
You posted “premium seating” but have you heard how many seats in an Apogee end zone facility?   
41386B1A-A8D0-4EEF-A9B3-15EBD460177B.jpeg.b6938d35b726a324692507223ecd6ddb.jpeg