18,200?

meangreenbob

10 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

“Decent” on the press box side.  Embarrassing on the sunny side.  
image.thumb.jpeg.4955245fa510cbd6cdd8b7dbac9ef552.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c386af4d49d92c11cdc307c9b14744a6.jpeg

Those were taken in the second half or towards the end. The student side was better towards the beginning but still sparse.  I think some students left and the others filtered over to see their parents in the second half.  The press box side was pretty solid. I'd say 12k ish.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Those were taken in the second half or towards the end. The student side was better towards the beginning but still sparse.  I think some students left and the others filtered over to see their parents in the second half.  The press box side was pretty solid. I'd say 12k ish.

The first was at the beginning of half time.   It was bad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

We use a system recognized by the NCAA to count fans. It is not based on butts in seats and never has been. Almost no schools use butts in seats, they use the NCAA system. 

I figure it’s always been on tickets sold. Students can claim a ticket and never show just like season tickets holders or someone who purchased in advance can. We knew many people who couldn’t make the game so their seats were empty but they had tickets so they were counted. Honesty that’s 💲 so it should. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Well, we know the AD is gonna fluff. All athletic departments do this. 

We know the attendance is going to be bad. 

Win the next 3 and the Nov 5 game will have a true 20k+ in attendance. Otherwise, keep fluffin.

They are going to milk the crap out of this CUSA win streak.  Perfect fluff.

Most schools report highly exaggerated  attendance numbers unless they really do have good crowds.

Surely anyone that ever goes to these games, knows that.  They report a number that they think they can get by with, there are no NCAA standards as far as I know about what is acceptable related to attendance counts. 

There are also announced numbers ( what we are discussing) versus what they actually report to the NCAA.  

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 10/2/2022 at 10:10 AM, Green Crazy said:

85 degrees.  You would think it was 100+ with the bitching about the sun.  Maybe we should just schedule all of our games at 8pm.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

85 degrees.  You would think it was 100+ with the bitching about the sun.  Maybe we should just schedule all of our games at 8pm.

Hear me out....

Counter the sun/leaving with drink specials 🤣🍹🍺

50 Cent well drinks (Dollar doubles) were very much en vogue most nights on Fry Street (Weekend were 5-7pm or 7-9pm depending on the bar) when I was in school.

Pick a game when attendance is expected to be low, make it a "Fry Street Theme Night" and offer up 50 Cent well drinks (Dollar Doubles) only beginning when the game starts and ending after the third quarter, throw some Jell-0 shots in there for a buck or two, $1 PBR (I think Lucky Lou's had that one night a week).

Keep it on the student side of the Stadium and the upper part of the wing so the family vibe on the shaded side can co-exist.  

You may not make a killing but it would be a rocking crowd!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Hear me out....

Counter the sun/leaving with drink specials 🤣🍹🍺

50 Cent well drinks (Dollar doubles) were very much en vogue most nights on Fry Street (Weekend were 5-7pm or 7-9pm depending on the bar) when I was in school.

Pick a game when attendance is expected to be low, make it a "Fry Street Theme Night" and offer up 50 Cent well drinks (Dollar Doubles) only beginning when the game starts and ending after the third quarter, throw some Jell-0 shots in there for a buck or two, $1 PBR (I think Lucky Lou's had that one night a week).

Keep it on the student side of the Stadium and the upper part of the wing so the family vibe on the shaded side can co-exist.  

You may not make a killing but it would be a rocking crowd!

2018 night game against FAU they did 1/2 off beer and hot dogs before kickoff, if I remember correctly? That was a fun time!

• Upvote 1

It's fun to criticize our attendance but I believe that we are reporting the count accurately.  I don't know what's officially legal but I'd guess it's the scanned attendance plus the tickets sold but did not show.   It's probably ditto for SMU too because I'm sure that SMU sells more tickets than is used.  

Having said that I was very disappointed in the student turnout.  We have 40,000+students.  If we could get half of them there we'd be near a sellout every game.  It's the one thing that I would like to see worked on for next year.  I believe that it was Tony that suggested a three-day "boot camp" at pre-registration time.  Attendance everywhere is down a little mostly because of the Covid epidemic.  But a new conference with eight new teams should inspire us to see if football is better.  We will see some familiar names that we haven't played in a while and one (Temple) that we have never played.  I look forward to the return of Tulsa. Tulane, Memphis, Navy, East Carolina, South Florida and the continuation of SMU on our schedule.  We will also add Wichita State for all other sports except football.  Many of them have never played at Apogee.  The good Lord willing, I will attend all of the home games next year.

The thing is, our students can't even chant right or yell on defense. As much as we all know the AAC offers better quality opponents, I don't think a noticable extra amount of students will show up outside the SMU or Navy (military family) games. Maybe students from Memphis, NOLA, Tulsa, etc. will show up to those games against their hometown teams, but they may take a passive approach to yelling for the Green.

• Downvote 1