Ready for the AAC?

El Paso Eagle

Are we in position to be competitive in the AAC?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that under Seth direction we are in a position to be competitive in the AAC

• Yes
    • No

I think we are ready and battle tested.  FAU has been a strong program for many years.  Memphis, SMU and UNLV have proven to be worth adversaries. 

Here’s the bottom line.  This was an absolutely huge win for Seth Tj retaining his job.  A lot of battles lie ahead but Seth is sleeping much better this evening than he has the pay couple of weeks for sure.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 7

6 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Looking at the AAC, I know we could beat Memphis and we already beat FAU. I think we could play with USF, Temple, Tulsa, Navy, Charlotte, Rice, and UTSA. I’d only worry about SMU, UAB, ECU, and Tulane.

I think we caught Memphis on a very bad day for them and still could not beat them. I think if we played again it might not be as close

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3

8 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think we caught Memphis on a very bad day for them and still could not beat them. I think if we played again it might not be as close

Maybe but I think as is we are already built as a middle of the road AAC team. With the advantages a higher profile conference will bring I can only see us getting better.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe but I think as is we are already built as a middle of the road AAC team. With the advantages a higher profile conference will bring I can only see us getting better.

Now just imagine getting a coach in here that knows how to use the portal, continuing recruiting rostered players and plucking HS and JUCO talent... imagine how good we could be rather than settling in a weird celebratory way of being middle of the road. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Now just imagine getting a coach in here that knows how to use the portal, continuing recruiting rostered players and plucking HS and JUCO talent... imagine how good we could be rather than settling in a weird celebratory way of being middle of the road. 

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Looking at the AAC, I know we could beat Memphis and we already beat FAU. I think we could play with USF, Temple, Tulsa, Navy, Charlotte, Rice, and UTSA. I’d only worry about SMU, UAB, ECU, and Tulane.

I think your view is right what I would write up honestly- middle of the road partner. If we can play the portal game a bit better we could be competitive but I wouldn’t bale out on good metroplex talent as there is loads of skills in our back yard. 

SIDE NOTE - did you see the Tulane 3rd string guy in the Houston game - damn we have work to do boys and girls! 

• Upvote 2

F2ECED5D-29A6-4282-885A-3B7BCB862D93.jpeg

The athletic department can celebrate all the consecutive CUSA wins they want to. But we are 0-2 vs AAC teams this year. And I don’t want to go back in time counting how many consecutive losses we have against them. But I’m sure it’s quite a few. 

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

11 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The athletic department can celebrate all the consecutive CUSA wins they want to. But we are 0-2 vs AAC teams this year. And I don’t want to go back in time counting how many consecutive losses we have against them. But I’m sure it’s quite a few. 

Normally a correct statement but Kansas might finish top two in the big 12 this year

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I also expect the move up to help us, separate from all the other issues like the decision on the head coach.

Improving your conference attracts better recruits. The CUSA was an albatross around our necks. The terrible TV deal, poor conference leadership and downward trajectory of football teams hurt UNT.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Note:  

FINAL:  UAB 24, Rice 28

Using transitive property, we should be able to also play with UAB (or can no longer play with Rice).

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

31 minutes ago, Moobs said:

That is a flat out lie. The AAC we will join includes FAU who we beat last night leaving us at 1-2 with 3 more 2023 AAC schools to play before season’s end.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The currently 4-0 Kansas team that beat Texas last year?   

Where do I get my "North Texas Doormat" t-shirt at?   Will Voertmans have it in the team store?  And does the KU basketball team come with that deal?  If so, you can change the official mascot from Scrappy to a doormat today.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Who believes SL is worn, demonstrably tired after years of failing to right this ship he wanted to succeed? After failing to win an outright title ,and failing to fulfill his word to never lose another bowl game?

Who believes SL is laughing at UNT on his way out the door, while collecting every single one of those contract dollars?

Who believes Fuente will find Ray?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

It would be ignorant of me to say we aren't on a slow upward trajectory. I love seeing the conference wins stacking up.

My only concern is that we aren't spending CUSA money. We are already spending American money and no where near competing with the existing schools yet.

The players have a lot of passion, and I think (despite the QB woes) we have the bones of a great team. Bring in a coach that can continue that upward trajectory beyond SLs ceiling, keep the team ignited, and I think we can light it up.

Seth isn't that guy. He should be lucky to make a quarter of what he does at another bottom feeder school with these results.