Let’s be real.

Salsa_Verde

27 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

UTEP is a bad team but of course under our standards since they're winning some games everyone's going to say they're a great team now

North Texas is a bad team by everyone’s standards outside of our fanbase whether we are good that year or not.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Which team(s) in the current AAC  could North Texas beat with this current roster and coaching staff? I’ll hang up and listen. 

They don’t have to beat those teams until next year (and three are leaving). This seems like an attempt to crap on this years team.  This would be a good question to ask when the season is over.  

With that said, I’ll play along.  We beat Navy, Temple, USF. We compete/might win with ECU, Tulsa, Memphis. The rest are possible/likely losses.  Looks like middle of the road if we were in the AAC this year.

Back to this year and this team. It feels like a corner has been turned. Really hope KD is okay. GMG!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

🤡

Sure Grandma Lets Get You To Bed 01102022210714.jpg

That’s funny. This team/coaching staff seem to be finding their way.  The team made the plays down the stretch to finish the game.  I don’t think they would have done that a few weeks ago (goal line stand, 7 min scoring drive to kill some clock,  FG to make the game a three score game, allowed 7 pts in the 2nd half). 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

So you believe FAU is a good team?

Vegas thought they were better.  I don’t watch enough FAU to know.  They were competitive versus Purdue, whatever that means. We played better today. They dropped some passes that were likely scores, but that’s football. Rushing for over 300 is also football.  I’m glad we won. We’ll find out soon just how good these teams really are. GMG!

• Upvote 2

Unbelievable! How does a thread with a topic about how this current program would stack up against any current team in the AAC turn into this. Maddening…truly maddening. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Glory to the Green said:

Vegas thought they were better.  I don’t watch enough FAU to know.  They were competitive versus Purdue, whatever that means. We played better today. They dropped some passes that were likely scores, but that’s football. Rushing for over 300 is also football.  I’m glad we won. We’ll find out soon just how good these teams really are. GMG!

Better does not mean good. I am happy we won but do you really believe that in year 7 Seth has built the program anywhere near where we should be?

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

Yeah man. We would have totally beat UNLV, SMU and Memphis if they didn’t know how to pass and catch. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Better does not mean good. I am happy we won but do you really believe that in year 7 Seth has built the program anywhere near where we should be?

That’s fair.  I thought the Championships would have been in by now…CUSA or Bowl.  SL was/is a first time head coach and from his own mouth, “I’ve  made mistakes.”  I think this is in coaching hires and recruits. It feels like his time here has just about run its course. Winning out would definitely change things, though. We’ll see.  

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Played well today. Got a good win. We're in first place in our conference in October. The guys are busting their ass and clearly if we've learned anything about Seth it's that he never loses the room. I love this school and this team and it's a source of happiness for me... so right now? Tonight? I'm enjoying the hell out of this. Let's keep it going! #GMG

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1