Five game win streak….

Cooke County Kid

What are we going to do if SL wins five games in a row again to end the season?  I know it is a real long shot, so was beating an undefeated Road kill to end last season.  Personally something has to change, I don’t care if he wins the last six, although  a C-USA Championship and a bowl win would give reason to pause. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 3

1 hour ago, Cooke County Kid said:

What are we going to do if SL wins five games in a row again to end the season?  I know it is a real long shot, so was beating an undefeated Road kill to end last season.  Personally something has to change, I don’t care if he wins the last six, although  a C-USA Championship and a bowl win would give reason to pause. 

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

I would think it’d be hard to get rid of him riding a win streak like that. Not sure how you can justify not hiring a legit QB coach moving forward, though. It seems to be the most glaring issue, right?  The “I don’t teach them how to throw the  ball” quote was mind boggling. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

Winning the last 5 games would mean victories over UTSA, UAB, WKU, and a spot in the CUSA championship. Littrell would be back. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

Just now, UNTcrazy727 said:

Winning the last 5 games would mean victories over UTSA, UAB, and WKU and a spot in the CUSA championship. Littrell would be back. 

No doubt about it…he’d get about 3 more years beyond the 1 year he has on his current contract.

And we win about 3 games a year total when we join the AAC with him at the helm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

"We commend Coach Littrell on how he finished the season, and while that may be good when compared to our past, we are raising the bar at North Texas and investing in a program that should go to the next level. The first step in this process is hiring a new football coach who will take us to where we expect to be. We want to thank Coach Littrell for his part in building this program and wish him the best."

Imagine putting out this statement while Littrell gets the team ready to play for a conference championship lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

No doubt about it…he’d get about 3 more years beyond the 1 year he has on his current contract.

And we win about 3 games a year total when we join the AAC with him at the helm.

1. I doubt he'd get three years. But we all know how you like to exaggerate to make a point.

2. Saying we'd only win 3 games in the AAC after this hypothetical 5-0 finish, THAT INCLUDES 3 TEAMS GOING TO THE AAC, is a real head scratcher. 

• Upvote 8
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!!!!!!!

dd87eb4b-9015-4c16-9308-f380bd4eb8cd_tex

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Two men approach each other in a hallway the day after this season's last game ...

WB: Hey coach, boy that was a close one last night.

SL: Yeah. Gotta recruit better. Get some kids who wanna work harder... gotta do better.

WB: I heard that.

SL: Gotta go make some calls, get some leads.

WB: Yeah. See ya.

Both go on their way a few steps...Wren stops, turns back ...holds his hand in the air as if asking to speak...

WB: Oh. Um. Coach. Almost forgot...can you um come up to the office in a while...when you get a chance. You know no hurry or anything. Oh and um...you know that sweatshirt I gave you last week? Can you bring that with you?

Seth looking down at the floor holding his left forearm with his right hand, scratching an imaginary pimple...

SL: Yeah...glpbla....mmmunmb...

The two slowly turn and walk away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Winning the last 5 games would mean victories over UTSA, UAB, WKU, and a spot in the CUSA championship. Littrell would be back. 

This. Even I have to begrudgingly say this is true. You ride a streak like that beating these teams, guaranteed he gets an extension.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

4 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

1. I doubt he'd get three years. But we all know how you like to exaggerate to make a point.

2. Saying we'd only win 3 games in the AAC after this hypothetical 5-0 finish, THAT INCLUDES 3 TEAMS GOING TO THE AAC, is a real head scratcher. 

Good point…I mean, we ended last year on a huge run against CUSA spares and we have really shown well against AAC teams and UNLV (equal to an AAC team) so far…

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Good point…I mean, we ended last year on a huge run against CUSA spares and we have really shown well against AAC teams and UNLV (equal to an AAC team) so far…

This hypothetical has us beating 3 of the best teams in CUSA. Not sure how you can compare the two? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel comfortable believing this isn't going to happen again.

What would I do if this happened and I was AD? I'd still fire him.  I've already seen what he did with one 5 game win streak.  Bowl humiliation and another awful OOC performance.  That's not what I want for the norm in New Denton.

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2022 at 2:45 PM, drex said:

Five games or six games....does not answer the basic question: Does he even want to be here?..I see nothing to lead me to believe he wants to be here.

What do you want him to do?  Tell the fans how great it is to be in Denton after every game.

What do you see that makes you believe he doesn't want to be here?

His record will facilitate NT's decision not his wishes unless he want to leave. 

• Downvote 1