New Helmet!

Victorygreen04

1 hour ago, NT93 said:

Ahhh yes, the standard “you must be a grumpy old man because you don’t like black uniforms” response.  

LOL, I know. I just couldn't help myself. These aren't the sharpest ones they've put out. 

You've always been a level headed guy so I was just giving you a hard time

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1

So we’re following a look made popular by FAU and UTSA.  Two collegiate trend setters.  

We have a unique opportunity to use something no other school has, the Battle Flag.  And we settle for a tired old Texas outline on one side and a number (how original) on the other.  

Glory to the green.  Glory to the white.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Withers940 said:

LOL, I know. I just couldn't help myself. These aren't the sharpest ones they've put out. 

You've always been a level headed guy so I was just giving you a hard time

Hard time received in the spirit it was given, but I owe you one😁👿

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Maybe try Jim Hobdy's Texas battle flag on the helmet for something different?

I like the flag, but the same way the basketball team uses it..as an accent. Put the flag at the back of the base of the helmet, or over their last name, or on the pants. Stuff like that. It’s hard for me to picture it as the main image on the helmet. 

• Upvote 6

On 9/28/2022 at 5:33 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

along with  serious stadium expansion talk most likely we’re in the discussion of some P5 conference talk.  (No school with 30K seat stadiums or blueprints for an expansion are part of that kind of talk). 

Northwestern just unveiled plans for their new 35,000 seat stadium. I don't think the BIG 10 will kick them out for it. That said, they're spending $800 million on the project to make a state of the art stadium. I think Apogee is an ok size although if we can have success and boost attendance, a slight expansion could be due but we're not there yet. I think making the experience at Apogee second to none should be the goal right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Northwestern just unveiled plans for their new 35,000 seat stadium. I don't think the BIG 10 will kick them out for it. That said, they're spending $800 million on the project to make a state of the art stadium. I think Apogee is an ok size although if we can have success and boost attendance, a slight expansion could be due but we're not there yet. I think making the experience at Apogee second to none should be the goal right now.

Massive stadiums are a holdover from the days when every seat in the house was the same price and the idea of higher priced premium seats was foreign. 

18 of 30 NFL stadiums seat less than 70,000 and 11 of the 17 to open since 2000 seat under 70,000 with LA's announced capacity being 70,000. Only three seat 80,000 or more and another three bigger than 75,000.

My family and I sat on the 11 yard line near the 50 from 1974 to 2020 and now I'm five rows below the press box with a shelf/table rolling seat, food supplied, short walk to nice new bathrooms.

I think what I've seen MLS do is spot on for all but a handful of super attendance programs. Compact stadium with lots and lots of suites, large number of premium seats up high and another set close to the field. Some cheap seat sections for the stand yell folks and a more modest number of seat traditional seats.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1