Minimum number of wins for consideration

Green Otaku

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If he can get to 8-5 WITH a bowl trophy I could stomach a very short extension. That is and should be the bare minimum watermark. 

This becomes tricky, because 8-5 would mean you either went 8-4 and lost the bowl game or 7-5 and went to a bowl game and won. This could put you in the same position as last year with 7-6 if you don't win the bowl, and late in the race to get the best options out there. I say if loss #5 happens you drop the axe then and there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

he could win the rest of the games and I would not keep him.  He struck out twice against AAC teams and got destroyed by UNLV that is toward the bottom of MWC. No bowl wins.

Although it is very unlikely, winning out would get you to 10-3 with a CUSA championship, even then it'd be a no for you? I think that'd be a hard sell even for those of us that have been wanting change. 

• Upvote 3

Yes it would still be a no for me.   He can beat CUSA teams but cant win outside the conference.  Seven years with a 500 winning pct is all I need to know.  I don't want to be in the middle of the pack or the bottom of pack when we go to the AAC.  Plus I am tried of being embarrassed by SMUT.   

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The win/loss isnt what I'm looking for. The bowl win is where I'm sitting. 6-6, 8-4.. idc. Get the bowl win and we'll talk (and even then, prob not enough at this point)

Why do bowl wins mean so much to you? Nowadays, they’re no more important than a regular season game. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Well we have 3 losses, so 9-3

10-3 after a bowl win. No trophy, no extension.

Of course he'd have to win the rest of the way to get to that point, which ain't happening anyways.

We’ve never won 10 games in program history. That’s an absurd bar to make Littrell meet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

if he is 3-3 on Sunday, then I think he gets an extension.  Thats the midway point of the season, the 3 losses would have been to schools that were expected to beat UNT.  I dont think you can wait until the end of the season to determine that you need a new head coach for next season. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 3

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Why do bowl wins mean so much to you? Nowadays, they’re no more important than a regular season game. 

Well it is guaranteed to be on National TV and the winner receives a very nice check. So to me it seems like actually winning one would be something we would really want to do. Especially since we have only won THREE in 100+ years of football.

Edited by NTSU52
  • Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

What record would you need to see to consider keeping SL? 

For me it's 8-4 to even think about seeing him next year. 7-5 isn't going to cut it, so in my eyes he has 2 more losses until he should be gone. 

There is going to be so much Eagle puke in this thread, it's going to look like my park in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Rollercoaster Tycoon Vomit Park - YouTube

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Can we file this thread in the ONLY AT NORTH TEXAS section

It is time for a change, please stop trying to justify a reason to keep Seth. Do you care so little about UNT?

This isn't a thread to justify keeping him, if you think I'm one of the people who are advocating he stay you're wrong. The point of this thread is to gauge where people think the axe should come down. Some in here clearly think it should have happened already, but if for some reason he has a miracle run and goes 9-3 would any program really let their coach go? 

• Upvote 2