Hurricane- Will the game get moved?

meanJewGreen

I'm no weatherman but I know a lot of other Florida universities are pushing or cancelling their games this weekend..... has anyone seen anything about that potentially happening? 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

I'm no weatherman but I know a lot of other Florida universities are pushing or cancelling their games this weekend..... has anyone seen anything about that potentially happening? 

I doubt it gets moved. They are only getting the outer bands of the hurricane on the Miami/Boca side of Florida. They should mainly be getting a lot of rain and some wind which they can handle in Florida. Friend I have in Miami says they are prepared but they’ve mainly just been getting rain

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I really hope Coach Taggart & the Owls are dumb enough to try and fly to DFW on Saturday for a 3PM game.

they can fly out Friday after the Hurricane is up into GA, not that hard really. I know we are scared to face any team while SL is coach, but FAU can easily make it to DFW. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, untbowler said:

they can fly out Friday after the Hurricane is up into GA, not that hard really. I know we are scared to face any team while SL is coach, but FAU can easily make it to DFW. 

It was more of a commentary on King's post.   No team ever flies in on gameday.    I don't think we should be scared of FAU... at all.

• Upvote 1

Of course, you’re right Texan.  But recall some years ago, under the Dickey era, we played Texas at Austin and left the same day via bus.  One if the buses broke down on the way to Austin and we were very late getting to Memorial Stadium.  Hence, leave at least a day before the game.  

GO MEAN GREEN

• RV 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Of course, you’re right Texan.  But recall some years ago, under the Dickey era, we played Texas at Austin and left the same day via bus.  One if the buses broke down on the way to Austin and we were very late getting to Memorial Stadium.  Hence, leave at least a day before the game.  

GO MEAN GREEN

RV'd.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1

Prior to those crappy buses of the RV era, I remember these in the early 80's

Party Bike - Activities

Followed by these in the late 80's/early 90's:

Here is the team disembarking prior to the McNeese St game.  It was a hell of a ride from Denton to Lake Charles

Six Flags Stories

Kids today are spoiled.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, greenjoe said:

GO MEAN GREEN

We used to bus same day to Memphis but now go day before. 70 miles. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It was more of a commentary on King's post.   No team ever flies in on gameday.    I don't think we should be scared of FAU... at all.

Friend who used to work with the Independence Bowl said they’d go to site on Friday. In the ACC they’d say we plan on meeting visiting team coach at walk through and the home team people would look baffled and say they aren’t coming until tomorrow. 

Hoops league. 

• Upvote 1