Updated College Bowl Projections Out

Coach Andy Mac

In theory we could get to 6-6 (ouch...again).    This FAU game is pretty important in that regard.

All 3 road games remaining are tough teams and we probably be blown out:  UTSA, Western Kentucky and UAB

3 home games remaining are at least winnable: FAU, La Tech and Rice.

1 home game,  FIU, should be a blowout in our favor, unless the team has given up by then.

If FAU beats us this weekend, then I think the likelihood of hitting 6 wins will be pretty difficult based on the way this team has played so far and the upcoming schedule.    It's odd that the best teams are all on the road.   I think that works in UNT's favor, because they most likely could not compete with UTSA, WKU and UAB at home anyway.  So, why waste a home game.

Would 6-6 really be better for the program than a losing record ?   I guess that depends on whether 6-6 (and another bowl loss) gets this staff another year.    I can't imagine that could really be true.   But, who really knows what Wren and Neal are thinking.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, akriesman said:

In theory we could get to 6-6 (ouch...again).    This FAU game is pretty important in that regard.

All 3 road games remaining are tough teams and we probably be blown out:  UTSA, Western Kentucky and UAB

3 home games remaining are at least winnable: FAU, La Tech and Rice.

1 home game,  FIU, should be a blowout in our favor, unless the team has given up by then.

If FAU beats us this weekend, then I think the likelihood of hitting 6 wins will be pretty difficult based on the way this team has played so far and the upcoming schedule.    It's odd that the best teams are all on the road.   I think that works in UNT's favor, because they most likely could not compete with UTSA, WKU and UAB at home anyway.  So, why waste a home game.

Would 6-6 really be better for the program than a losing record ?   I guess that depends on whether 6-6 (and another bowl loss) gets this staff another year.    I can't imagine that could really be true.   But, who really knows what Wren and Neal are thinking.

In the instance of 6-6 I think the only chance Seth would have would be to go make it 7-6 and win a bowl.  It's hard to see that happening and I'd still want to move on in that event anyway.  More than 7 wins could magically change my mind but there's such little chance of that happening.  I'll root for us to win every game, but I think at this point its just a matter of letting him coach out the games and moving on unless we stumble into 8+ wins...at least that's where I'm at.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:08 AM, Coach Andy Mac said:

I'd much rather go to the Bahamas Bowl, if going out of the continental 48. 

• Upvote 2