For those still in Seth’s corner.

Tom McKrackin

I know what you want: You want Littrell  back. Of course, some believed everything and have been waiting with bated breath to have it all go down.  They're just dying to have Wren admit that everything said is true and that Litty got what he deserved. Wouldn't that be easy?

If only it was so simple; only you and I know that it's never that simple, not in politics and not in life and most definitely not in college football.  Because I can promise you this: If Litty didn’t  pay the price for the things we both know he did did do, I'm certainly not going to pay the price as a fan for the things I didn't do.

Oh, of course they're going to say I'm being disrespectful, not playing by the rules. Like I ever played by anyone's rules before. I never did, and you loved it.

Anyhow, despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, despite everything -  I feel surprisingly good. And my confidence grows each day that soon enough, you will know the full truth - Oh, wait a minute...

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • RV 1
  • Confused 20
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

I am not in favor of firing him, because I do not believe there is a realistic better option out there for a head coach.  The university will not commit to spending the necessary funds to bring in a good coach.  more then likely they would hire a coach just like SL, and probably will not be any cheaper. 

I dont hate the play calling, it might be a little more aggressive then some of the players can manage at times, but fortune favors the bold.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Downvote 9

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I don't see anymore people that want SL back.

If anything we have a small population of people that either, 1) think it's fair to see this season play out.   2) think we are too broke to buy out his contract early.

I’m in the “let the season play out” camp. Or release him if another embarrassment occurs.  Barring a miraculous end of season, I don’t see him coming back. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

UNT will never get the players to compete in C-USA. If you are a 3-star and want to stay in Texas, you're going to want to go to any FBS team other than UNT if you get an offer, with maybe the exception of Texas State. UNT has no swagger or name recognition....period. It's a commuter college.

I'm not saying it's a bad school. I'm a Tulane fan and I don't think they will ever get to the promised land. But if you ask any 2 or 3 star to choose between Tulane and UNT, I'd bet Tulane would get more votes, for no other reason that they were in the SEC 85 years ago and still have that "cache" that UNT doesn't have. 

Get pissed, call me an a** Hole, whatever, you're not going to hurt my feelings. I'm just being honest. 

Edited by The Hill
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Ray 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 3

5 minutes ago, The Hill said:

Get pissed, call me an a** Hole, whatever, you're not going to hurt my feelings. I'm just being honest. 

I don't take offense, but I do think you're off.  We had the players to compete in the Fine era.  And enough people though highly of our brand to invite us into AAC.

I think we are a few steps away from the stigmas you mention, although not out of the woods yet.

You don't have to answer, but I am curious about your age.  Would explain a ton when it comes to Old Denton views.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Hill said:

UNT will never get the players to compete in C-USA. If you are a 3-star and want to stay in Texas, you're going to want to go to any FBS team other than UNT if you get an offer, with maybe the exception of Texas State. UNT has no swagger or name recognition....period. It's a commuter college.

I'm not saying it's a bad school. I'm a Tulane fan and I don't think they will ever get to the promised land. But if you ask any 2 or 3 star to choose between Tulane and UNT, I'd bet Tulane would get more votes, for no other reason that they were in the SEC 85 years ago and still have that "cache" that UNT doesn't have. 

It's always good to have an outsiders perspective.   Thank you.

I would say, as an outsider of Tulane, I had completely forgotten that minutiae of Tulane being in the SEC during WWII.  
IMO, if a 3* player chose Tulane over UNT (especially during next season's cycle), it's either because they're from a coastal area, or because they like the academics (with an outside possibility they just really like beignets).   I mean, even jazz music fans are going to choose NT over Tulane.

N.O. is one of my favorite places in America.   I look forward to visiting every other year!

• Upvote 3

Part of what rubs me about the "we are still Old Denton" messengers, is that in my experience 95% of the Old Denton culture is not the original Old Denton people, it's the messengers! People that insist it is still around but are deep down New Denton themselves!

Be vocal with them, Mean Green fam!  Remind them how old they are, how much we are spending now, and how much you love your team!

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's always good to have an outsiders perspective.   Thank you.

I would say, as an outsider of Tulane, I had completely forgotten that minutiae of Tulane being in the SEC during WWII.  
IMO, if a 3* player chose Tulane over UNT (especially during next season's cycle), it's either because they're from a coastal area, or because they like the academics (with an outside possibility they just really like beignets).   I mean, even jazz music fans are going to choose NT over Tulane.

N.O. is one of my favorite places in America.   I look forward to visiting every other year!

Touche....enjoy your continued climb from the bottom to sub mediocrity

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 1