North Texas vs Florida Atlantic 10/1/22 College Football Picks, Predictions, Odds

Jonnyeagle

The Florida Atlantic Owls and North Texas Mean Green meet Saturday in week 5 college football action at Apogee Stadium. The Florida Atlantic Owls look to get back to a .500 record. The North Texas Mean Green also look to get to a 3-3 record.

The Florida Atlantic Owls have lost 7 of their last 8 road games. N’Kosi Perry is completing 58.2 percent of his passes for 1,217 yards, 13 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. LaJohntay Wester and Jahmal Edrine have combined for 574 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Je’Quan Burton has 12 receptions. The Florida Atlantic Owls ground game is averaging 215 yards per contest, and Larry McCammon leads the way with 433 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, FAU is allowing 26.2 points and 401.6 yards per game. Eddie Williams leads the Florida Atlantic Owls with 51 tackles, Jayden Williams has 2 sacks and Dwight Toombs has 2 interceptions.

The Florida Atlantic Owls are coming off a competitive game against Purdue they could have easily won, and now 2 of their 3 losses have been decided by 3 or fewer points. The North Texas Mean Green haven’t been nearly as competitive through 5 games, and they’re 122nd in total defense, 118th in rush defense and 119th in scoring defense. FAU should be a confident team based on last week and should have a field day on the offensive side here. I’ll gladly lay the field goal with the Owls on the road.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think we win.

Here's my rationale.

FAU is 2-3 with a big win against a terrible Charlotte team and Southeastern Louisiana on Palm Tree Appreciation Day which obviously provided the motivation to overcome the Lions from Hammond, LA.

They've lost to @ Ohio, UCF and Purdue.  Their schedule will be a mess with the storm, we have no palm trees to appreciate and I just think we catch them at a good time.

• Upvote 1