Kansas Jayhawks

Big Z

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I don't know. Who cares. 

The "coach."  How much do you pay a coach who won a NAIA championship vs. a coach who won an American Athletic Conference championship?  The AAC coach likely has several winning records at multiple levels.  The others that would care are the North Texas fans.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

At our level we can't take a chance on someone that hasn't coached and recruited at a higher level.  How would you know that he has knowledge and ability to recruit at that level?

Devils Advocate: just because they did something that worked somewhere else, doesn't guarantee that it will work in Denton.

There is risk in every hire.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, greenminer said:

Devils Advocate: just because they did something that worked somewhere else, doesn't guarantee that it will work in Denton.

There is risk in every hire.

What does work in Denton? Because I’ve been watching since 1990 and I’ve seen us have 7 winning seasons and what will assuredly be a total of 26 losing seasons after this one ends. It hasn’t mattered what level of football we have played in, what conference we are a part of, what stadium we play joke games in, who we have hired as coaches, ADs, or Presidents, and it hasn’t mattered where we got them from. Dennis Parker and Todd Dodge came from state champions in TX HS. Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, and Seth Littrell were each OCs at their previous schools. And Dan McCarney had been a P5 head coach before he got here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

What does work in Denton? Because I’ve been watching since 1990 and I’ve seen us have 7 winning seasons and what will assuredly be a total of 26 losing seasons after this one ends. It hasn’t mattered what level of football we have played in, what conference we are a part of, what stadium we play joke games in, who we have hired as coaches, ADs, or Presidents, and it hasn’t mattered where we got them from. Dennis Parker and Todd Dodge came from state champions in TX HS. Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, and Seth Littrell were each OCs at their previous schools. And Dan McCarney had been a P5 head coach before he got here. 

I’m gonna say someone that worked their way up through the lower levels of college football. They know how to look under rocks that nobody else has turned over.

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

How about an FCS coach who is rebuilding a program and previously won a D2 National Championship who also has relationships with Texas High School coaches?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

How about an FCS coach who is rebuilding a program and previously won a D2 National Championship who also has relationships with Texas High School coaches?

https://herosports.com/football-2019-recruiting-stephen-f-austin-top-recruit-carl-williams-ajaj/

Remember the last time we had an elite recruiter scouting east Texas?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Not ready to concede defeat yet, my friend. Looking forward to seeing what Wren does for his first football hire.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

On GameDay, Lance Leipold of KU said they are in the victory business, not the moral victory business. I wish our coaches had the same mentality smh 

Great story. Loved when he made that statement. 

• Upvote 1