Non Conference Home Games

bstnsportsfan3

I am renewing my season ticket today! i always love to support this team and our great coach. Kind of surprised we only list two non-conference home games. Southern Nazarene on 11/7 and Omaha on 12/3. Really hope we get a few more home games. I understand teams are afraid to come to the pit. Seems like we usually have a full schedule out by now...

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

And we play in Arlington in early December. With the way that team looked last year, there's no reason why that shouldn't be another home game for us.

I’m hoping for at least 500 of our fans, not too much to ask for in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Considering how much we criticize our home OOC football games, I think basketball gets away with a lot worse. 

They brought Oklahoma a few years ago. It’s really tough now cause the “big boys” fear getting their ass kicked by us.  It’s been said before, but there’s really no incentive to travel here for them. That said, it would be fun to see some bigger brands come to Denton. The AAC will do that by default.  Excited for the jump!

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

We had the last shot to beat OU but missed the shot.  It was a great game and I think that is when OU drafted Gibson.

Mac will play anyone anywhere but getting people to come here is the hard part.

A few more NCAA tournament wins usually does the trick. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:33 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

Considering how much we criticize our home OOC football games, I think basketball gets away with a lot worse. 

Not easy to schedule teams to play at home, mainly when you’re damn good and play a style of basketball that is a pain in the ass to prepare for.

• Upvote 1