I don’t get the joke

greenjoe

54 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I hate to admit it.  I don’t see the relevance of the countdown clock to the Southern Nazarene  “game.”  What game ?  What sport ?  I know we had one counting down to the UTEP game but I’m stumped here.  Please help. 

GO MEAN GREEN

Agree.  Two countdowns would make more sense. It feels petty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

Not positive, but I believe that it refers to the beginning of basketball season.

Is placing the basketball timer in the football forum dissing SL or the entire football team?  It looks like the latter, even if that's not what was intended.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

2 minutes ago, Old Denton said:

Is placing the basketball timer in the football forum dissing SL or the entire football team?  It looks like the latter, even if that's not what was intended.

I think it was placed on the main page and shows up on each forum's main page.  I could be wrong.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

Guys, someone asked for the countdown and we tried to make it happen just for the basketball forum.  It wouldn't work.  We have since removed it until close to game time.  There was no conspiracy.  Carry on and GMG.

Just roll with it.  They'll get over it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Say it with me people...UNT is a BASKETBALL SCHOOL!

Do ya'll seriously think Duke fans are still talking about football?  Hell no!  We have made the investment in football for years with nothing to show for it.  So lets get serious about the fact that we have a basketball culture worth giving 110% of our time, money, and energy for!  Harry...you keep that countdown up there and do it proudly.  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!!!  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Do ya'll seriously think Duke fans are still talking about football?  Hell no!  We have made the investment in football for years with nothing to show for it.  So lets get serious about the fact that we have a basketball culture worth giving 110% of our time, money, and energy for!  Harry...you keep that countdown up there and do it proudly.  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!!!  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!  WE ARE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL!

Kansas is a basketball school that is 4-0 in football.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

Our attendance has been atrocious in basketball, considering our success.  This has been talked about.  We have basketball success, but that is not the same as basketball culture.

Don't let a coach's run of basketball success cloud your vision: this Texas school would EXPLODE if we could get our football shit together.

We are one good hire away from having our football ducks in a row.  Let's see what Wren has in his pocket.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3