We didn’t play that bad; Why am I so sad?

Dannymacfan

37 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Why did I stay up all last night trying to convince myself we are not very good even though the empirical data - including Aunes stats -says otherwise?  God, it’s hard to be a North Texas fan.

Stats don’t win games…points do.

• Upvote 5

Truth of it is only 7 of those 21 points they earned on turnovers was completely Aune's fault. He did a reasonable job otherwise, in fact one of his better performance. WR juggling the ball was something they should be expected to catch. The cute fumble play was on team execution.

I'm no Aune fan, but those were team failures not QB failures

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, rcade said:

This stat suggests Aune did not, in fact, play well:

Pick Sixes: 2

🤦🏽‍♂️ why does this have to be stated?   Well would be 75% completions at least.   If you take out desperation time attempts late in game he gets up to maybe 65% very pedestrian when the defensive game plan of your opponent opted to force you to throw.   But the actual completion percentage was 54.1%.  Yet green kool aid drinkers are trying to convince themselves him hitting his career completion percentage for the game is a good game for him.  The utter madness.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

🙄 when you are getting lit up by LB & DB you tend to bobble the ball. 🤷🏽‍♂️  🤣

Yet I've seen that catch made dozens of times... So maybe the WR just... Didn't handle it?

Its ok to be down in a player. But its an illusion to blame him for other players faults

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Yet I've seen that catch made dozens of times... So maybe the WR just... Didn't handle it?

Its ok to be down in a player. But its an illusion to blame him for other players faults

I don’t remember the first pick 6 (and this is not to crap on Aune), but he consistently puts our receivers in difficult situations.  Even Maclins TD catch was underthrown…a better pass and the defender doesn’t even have a chance to make a play.  He’s inconsistent right now. He’ll throw a brilliant pass, then follow it up with “if the pass were only two feet lower, Burns would have scored a TD” -1st quarter radio Hank

I want him to succeed, but it’s tough to watch at times. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Being late with the ball is his fault. 🙄  OMG dude is inaccurate what else do you need to see.  More than half of Mean Green fans were shocked when he hit a couple of on time on target passes this game for a drive for a score.   Like I said before in another thread put up to 50% of the blame on the receiver.  But if you throw it to the open man on time who isn’t about get hit ribs crushed you drastically increase the chances of completing the ball and decrease the chances of interception via bobble balls.  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

53 minutes ago, Glory to the Green said:

I don’t remember the first pick 6 (and this is not to crap on Aune), but he consistently puts our receivers in difficult situations.  Even Maclins TD catch was underthrown…a better pass and the defender doesn’t even have a chance to make a play.  He’s inconsistent right now. He’ll throw a brilliant pass, then follow it up with “if the pass were only two feet lower, Burns would have scored a TD” -1st quarter radio Hank

I want him to succeed, but it’s tough to watch at times. 

I don’t care if he succeeds personally.    He should step down and help coach up the younger QB's.  Looking at his stats he would be lucky to be invited to a USFL camp to tryout for QB.  He has completion stats like he running the old school service academy triple option.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

don’t care if he succeeds personally.

If he’s successful, then the team will likely succeed. He’s the QB, so I wish him success. If it was GG, then I’d wish the same.  If it’s Ruder, same. You get the point. I also don’t have any ill will towards him. I just want to see us win on Saturday(s). 

• Upvote 5