Anyone listen to the post game interview

southsideguy

1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yes.  Seth seemed very matter of fact like it was just another day at the office.  He almost seemed upbeat?  

Hank was the worst though.  After Seth’s interview Hank went on about how even though it was a lost we gained a ton of respect from the AAC for how good we played against Memphis on the road. 🤮

I realize Hank is a paid employee but for goodness sakes can we please ask a hard hitting question once in awhile?  It’s as if Hank and Dave are unaware that Seth’s job is even on the line.

maybe it's not on the line and they know it

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

58 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

You know you are UNT fan when the Hank says we gain respect from a loss.  

Not sure if this was "Hanks speak" - just trying to find kind words - or if I should file this in line with SL's postgame comments and assume our department truly thinks Memphis is that far ahead of us.

This should have been winnable.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Hank was the worst though.  After Seth’s interview Hank went on about how even though it was a lost we gained a ton of respect from the AAC for how good we played against Memphis on the road. 🤮

I realize Hank is a paid employee but for goodness sakes can we please ask a hard hitting question once in awhile?  It’s as if Hank and Dave are unaware that Seth’s job is even on the line.

Part of Hank’s job is to make it look like the program is in good shape. It is Vito’s job to ask the tough questions which is why SL is laid back at the coach’s show with Dave and annoyed when at a PC with Vito.

• Upvote 4

@southsideguy
Right around the 5 hr 1 minute and 30 seconds mark on the game replay on demand on the varsity app.

Summary: Defense played really well, it just came down to turnovers, we turned the ball over and execution. Still believes we can make a great run in conference we just need to clean some little things up.

Hank asked him about Aune’s two pick sixes and SL attributed them to poor execution, but says they need to put the guys in the right situation. 

In closing said we were a better football team this week than we were last week.

• Upvote 1

I think part of the receivers issues is Aune.  They don't have confidence in Aune to deliver the ball.  They don't if  theyhave jump or dive to ground.  That what was great about Fine is the receivers knew the ball would be there.

If our receivers had a confidence in the qb we would be a lot better team.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

...about Aune’s two pick sixes and SL attributed them to poor execution, but says they need to put the guys in the right situation. 

In closing said we were a better football team this week than we were last week.

Many of Aune's incompletions were just poor throws or into very tight coverage where it was knocked away or intercepted (poor decision).  Also, poor play design or play calling contributed as the TV guys mentioned a couple times that Memphis was jumping routes after seeing same things a few times.  That falls on coaching and QB decisons = another loss to a similar level opponent.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Many of Aune's incompletions were just poor throws or into very tight coverage where it was knocked away or intercepted (poor decision).  Also, poor play design or play calling contributed as the TV guys mentioned a couple times that Memphis was jumping routes after seeing same things a few times.  That falls on coaching and QB decisons = another loss to a similar level opponent.

I agree

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Part of Hank’s job is to make it look like the program is in good shape. It is Vito’s job to ask the tough questions which is why SL is laid back at the coach’s show with Dave and annoyed when at a PC with Vito.

What makes you think it is Vito's job to ask the tough questions.   

That is generally not a function of any team's beat writer.   Beat writers are not too successful when they are denied access and no one associated with the team will talk to them. 

It is Hank's very hard job to promote the team.  I bet he is secretly as fed up with the current coaching staff as most of the fans. 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

What makes you think it is Vito's job to ask the tough questions.   

That is generally not a function of any team's beat writer.   Beat writers are not too successful when they are denied access and no one associated with the team will talk to them. 

It is Hank's very hard job to promote the team.  I bet he is secretly as fed up with the current coaching staff as most of the fans. 

If Hank is still paid by UNT then he has to play cheerleader.  But Vito is not employed by the school and as a journalist he should be trying to find all the angles in a story, good or bad.   But since he doesn't ask any tough questions it must be about job security instead...and thus we are left with no real answers.

• Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

If Hank is still paid by UNT then he has to play cheerleader.  But Vito is not employed by the school and as a journalist he should be trying to find all the angles in a story, good or bad.   But since he doesn't ask any tough questions it must be about job security instead...and thus we are left with no real answers.

I assume you disagree with my point, as you ignored it. 

His job depends on his having access to the team.  Is that so hard to comprehend?

I might add, Vito is the only reason I subscribe to the DRC.  I don't live close and have no other reason to read the paper other than NT coverage.  Frankly, NT is lucky to have outside local coverage of any kind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I assume you disagree with my point, as you ignored it. 

His job depends on his having access to the team.  Is that so hard to comprehend?

I might add, Vito is the only reason I subscribe to the DRC.  I don't live close and have no other reason to read the paper other than NT coverage.  Frankly, NT is lucky to have outside local coverage of any kind. 

Yes, actually you can be hard to comprehend.  The attitude doesn't help either, save it for someone else! 

I don't care about your subscription or Vito's access and job security.  A journalist should report the full news, not the easy no-feelings-hurt news.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

Right. I mentioned that we should run a slant and go in the 1st quarter of the game. Memphis ran one on Texada and scored. The color commentator was begging for one, or any double move. Aune had the time…usually. It was frustrating. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
Clarification
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Yes, actually you can be hard to comprehend.  The attitude doesn't help either, save it for someone else! 

I don't care about your subscription or Vito's access and job security.  A journalist should report the full news, not the easy no-feelings-hurt news.

I save my attitude just for people like you. 

It would be helpful if you responded to the comment rather than your own agenda.

I guess you think it would help coverage if the beat writer had limited access to the program and played like he was reporting on the Ukraine war.    

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I save my attitude just for people like you. 

It would be helpful if you responded to the comment rather than your own agenda.

I guess you think it would help coverage if the beat writer had limited access to the program and played like he was reporting on the Ukraine war.    

I responded to the comment, if you could read.  Vito is lame in his coverage and questions, period.   You are just lame in general; stick your attitude in your eye!

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1