DRC: "We can play with those guys" UNT encouraged by performance in 2nd shot vs. team from American

Brett Vito

I tried to give a crap about football again this year.  Took two easily forgettable years off during covid and really convinced myself I missed it.  The wife and I are expecting twins so I figured one good year of season tickets before they arrive would be smart… I don’t think there’s a reason to make another game.

Glad Seth was encouraged today though. 

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Green P1 said:

I tried to give a crap about football again this year.  Took two easily forgettable years off during covid and really convinced myself I missed it.  The wife and I are expecting twins so I figured one good year of season tickets before they arrive would be smart… I don’t think there’s a reason to make another game.

I’m still looking forward to Oct 15.  LaTech at home is usually always a good game and weather should be awesome by then.  Outside of that I’m with you.

Also, this is something you would never hear McCasland saying.  Difference in perspective and expectations is clearly evident.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

Also, this is something you would never hear McCasland saying.  Difference in perspective and expectations is clearly evident.

Seth should take some coaching advice from McCasland.   Seth is an unemotional robot on the sidelines; just a pedestrian standing down there.   Maybe he screams in the locker room but his on-field demeanor can't inspire players, or fans.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Great news guys!

I almost beat a Ford Fiesta in a race!  I blew a gasket about 100yds from the Whataburger parking lot, but by golly, I almost had him!

What kind of celebratory milkshake should I get?

This! I just love creative sarcasm. 

12 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

tumblr_oza07tz18e1wzblmoo5_540.gif

....and definitely THIS!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, texx2818 said:

Wren and the AD only cares about keeping the Lovelaces happy.

Then go after Lovelace. Heckle him, fly a banner to keep him away from the team, protest anything he touches. 

I would love to win every game….but I also enjoy supporting our team(s) and programs. 

go to the source if you think that is what it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Lovelace is a business man.  I sure over his career he has let go employees for non performance.  He may have liked them as a person but if they don't perform you have to let them go.   

I know I let some employees go I was rooting for to make it but they just couldn't get the performance level we needed.  

I think even though he is friends with Seth and his family he knows SL is not bringing the wins home.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, Green P1 said:

Bye

• Sad 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, texx2818 said:

I would expect with an MBA you’d be more results and performance driven, but you must be putting your MBA to use running Rat Kroger.

My MBA has absolutely nothing to do with my support for my team/school.  I can easily separate the 2.  I drive results at work based on my experience and knowledge of what I do. I certainly do not think because of what I do, I should dictate others in how to do their job in a field I have no knowledge or experience in. That would be arrogant and foolish of me…wouldn’t it??

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1