DRC: "We can play with those guys" UNT encouraged by performance in 2nd shot vs. team from American

Brett Vito

Beating Memphis was not a matter of life or death. It is more important than that. We are crushing our fan base on a weekly basis, monthly basis and yearly basis. We all know what is going to happen, we are just waiting on the when. Wishing for sooner rather than later.  This is prolly some good out of this game, I just don't see it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: "We can play with those guys" UNT encouraged by performance in 2nd shot vs. team from American
Just now, texx2818 said:

This comment should be what gets him fired…

Agree. This is also something that Brett should have called them out on. I know it's limited being the beat reporter and you have to keep relationships on the most positive way you can but at some point enough of this crap

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Agree. This is also something that Brett should have called them out on. I know it's limited being the beat reporter and you have to keep relationships on the most positive way you can but at some point enough of this crap

Like that would ever happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I thought the game was a fun watch! Didn’t come on top but I enjoyed it! Football is fun and not that serious. Had some fun moments to cheer on! Do it again next week.

Two (2) Pick-6's and a fumbled handoff on the 2 yard line was not fun to watch.  It was peewee football at best. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, untphd said:

Beating Memphis was not a matter of life or death. It is more important than that. We are crushing our fan base on a weekly basis, monthly basis and yearly basis. We all know what is going to happen, we are just waiting on the when. Wishing for sooner rather than later.  This is prolly some good out of this game, I just don't see it.

The sad truth is UNT football does not care about the average fan. Guess they only care about the big donors.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, untphd said:

I agree with your points.  Fan morale is an important thing for Wren to monitor.  Sort of like a pulse.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Agree. This is also something that Brett should have called them out on.

Vito is firmly in the camp that believes an AAC team such as Memphis is light years ahead of us.  He is not going to call them out on something that is in line with this thought.

It feels like some of them think 1995 was yesterday.

• Upvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1