*****OFFICIAL UNT vs. Memphis Game Thread*****

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

If I remember correctly the first one was bobbled around and bounced to the Memphis player. If I am remembering that correctly it wasn’t on Aune. 

You are remembering correctly. I am saying it is his fault because it should have never been thrown that direction because the receiver was not open.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Venson said:

You are remembering correctly. I am saying it is his fault because it should have never been thrown that direction because the receiver was not open.

Maybe but once it’s there the reviver needs to catch or get it down. He had other throws like that caught during the game. I am fine allowing Aune the season and then re-setting next year to start the American. As for coaches…. Idk 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, NT91 said:

Would NT have won without the 2 pick 6?

Depends if we converted those 3rd downs. It's not as simple as subtracting 14 points. The game opened up at 44-27 against backups which is to be expected. Reality is, the offense wasn't moving the ball well most of the game. The passing game crapped out too often when the game was still winnable.

IMO, our offense played worst than the 34 points put up and our defense played better than the 30 point they allowed.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I was very disappointed listening to Hank on the radio after the loss making up excuses and not asking any tough questions of Seth at all.  Hank sheepishly shrug his shoulders and said, “well at least it was a respectable showing for when we get to the AAC that we at least kept it pretty close…” or some horseshit like that.  Man how will this place ever get to where we deserve to be with so many willing to accept losing.

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 1

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Thanks for visiting us"

Ncrdbl1 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 20 points.

Hope everyone enjoy the non football part of your visit and am looking forward to playing y'all again soon.

Would ask for one favor.

DESTROY THAT GAME VIDEO AND NOT SHOW IT TO ANYONE.

I swear your DC must have had someone in our huddle.

What ever scheme he devised had us looking like a monkey fornicating with a football.

Do not know what small signs y'all picked up in scouting but please don't share that information.

This was easily Seth's worst game in his 15 games as a Tiger.

Best of luck the rest of the season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

Honestly it wasn’t on the QB he has one bad interception. The other wasn’t his fault and neither was the bad snap. Those two don’t happen (which weren’t his fault) and we win. 

We should no longer be in the business of making excuses for Aune.  His career should be over as a starting FBS QB.  He has egliblity left to transfer but no FBS team would give him a scholarship as a potential starter.  He throw 55% completions.  If you took passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage out of his stats he might be one of the worst in the country running an offense that is traditionally pass centric.   And the hypothetical of taking one of his interceptions and fumble away and we win is ridiculous.  They generally stopped us when they needed to.  We weren't about to take the lead we were going to tie up the game.  And I am not buying that both interceptions were not  minimally 70% on him.  I don't know which pick 6 you are referring to but I assume it was the tip pass.  That happen OFTEN when you throw it late and receiver gets lit up and he he bracketed by a DB behind him.  THAT is one of the reasons the zone defense is effective.  QB can get the ball to reciever on time he gets hit, limits the big play or the hit jars the ball loose.   This int remind me another late tip pass that turned in to an int.  Sure you hope your receivers can survive the hit, catch the ball or at least not tip it up in the air.  But you show me the defense that is hiting receivers Everytime the receivers are getting a catchable ball and I will show you one the best defenses in the country.  I am sure Aune is likable quality person, he isn't a quality FBS QB.  Making excuses for him at this point isn't making anyone feel any better or optimistic about future games.  Just stop.  It ridiculous.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Was able to watch the replay of the game after work. I don't know why y'all are so mad, we came close to winning. Aune wasn't the issue, he had a great game. I mean FIVE touchdown passes?!?!?!

Although two of them were to the other team, but let's focus on the positives.  He's putting up points.....

• Haha 3

On 9/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, Rudy said:

Was able to watch the replay of the game after work. I don't know why y'all are so mad, we came close to winning. Aune wasn't the issue, he had a great game. I mean FIVE touchdown passes?!?!?!

Although two of them were to the other team, but let's focus on the positives.  He's putting up points.....

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

Here's my beef.  I get that Littrell is fighting for his job and I do believe he thinks Aune is the best chance he has.  My problem is what about the future of our program?  He is absolutely damaging our future by not giving any of these younger guys who have many years left here a chance to participate.  Am I the only one who sees this?  I mean Earle could be the next Mason Fine for all we know.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Here's my beef.  I get that Littrell is fighting for his job and I do believe he thinks Aune is the best chance he has.  My problem is what about the future of our program?  He is absolutely damaging our future by not giving any of these younger guys who have many years left here a chance to participate.  Am I the only one who sees this?  I mean Earle could be the next Mason Fine for all we know.

I think if his seat wasn’t so hot he might consider seeing what we have for the future but right now he is trying to stay in our future and changes like that are high risk/reward propositions. He went back and forth between Bean and Aune often in 2020 before his seat got hot.

56 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I think if his seat wasn’t so hot he might consider seeing what we have for the future but right now he is trying to stay in our future and changes like that are high risk/reward propositions. He went back and forth between Bean and Aune often in 2020 before his seat got hot.

He’s not trying to stay in our future. He doesn’t want to be here. He wanted out the first chance he had. K-St showed us that. But honestly where can someone make 1.8 million, not have to produce and not be held accountable. 
Too bad he didn’t recognize the blessing he was given at such a young age and instead of worrying about what his peers were doing he had buckled down and focused on winning Championships. 

• Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

He’s not trying to stay in our future. He doesn’t want to be here. He wanted out the first chance he had. K-St showed us that. But honestly where can someone make 1.8 million, not have to produce and not be held accountable. 
Too bad he didn’t recognize the blessing he was given at such a young age and instead of worrying about what his peers were doing he had buckled down and focused on winning Championships. 

I half disagree. He wants to stay in our future long enough to get hired away instead of fired.