*****OFFICIAL UNT vs. Memphis Game Thread*****

Coach Andy Mac

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Haha Bennett getting in Aune’s face too. I love it.

Absolutely.... Somebody's gotta talk to him like the grown ass man he is.... We know Bennett doesn't back down.... I hope it was along the lines of "enough of this bull s---, you need to step the f--- up and start hitting these guys, get it together"

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

I have a lot better things to do than watch a 30 year old guy suck on the national stage for 3 straight years. Glad I am choosing to not watch this garbage. I’m don’t with UNT football till Aune is replaced, and I’m sure I am not the only one feeling this way. I can spend my weekends doing something more productive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Aune sees any pressure and he panics...receiver was WIDE open, you can at least throw it to his thighs.

That’s pretty much why I think he looks so good in practices to the coaches. No real pressure. When he has ideal circumstances, he throws a good ball. Unfortunately to be a good QB, you gotta be able to make plays in imperfect situations. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Why is Bennett talking to the QB?   Almost like he’s the HC or something?

Cuz Aune FN sucks and Littrell hasn’t figured it out 3 years later, at least losing with Gunnell would be more interesting. Tired of running out a 30 yr old dude with zero promise and not replacing him. The dude should be in a career somewhere by now. I’m not the only unt alum done with UNT till Aune is out of there. I know a lot who are tired of this garbage! Obviously Bennet is too! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

That’s pretty much why I think he looks so good in practices to the coaches. No real pressure. When he has ideal circumstances, he throws a good ball. Unfortunately to be a good QB, you gotta be able to make plays in imperfect situations. 

The dude should start taking his life serious and get a job! He’s almost 30 and he’s playing with 18 yr old kids. Last year should have been his last year in an eagle uniform if littrell was serious about his job. As new coach first thing I’m doing is revoking Aune’s scholarship.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

Cuz Aune FN sucks and Littrell hasn’t figured it out 3 years later, at least losing with Gunnell would be more interesting. Tired of running out a 30 yr old dude with zero promise and not replacing him. The dude should be in a career somewhere by now. I’m not the only unt alum done with UNT till Aune is out of there. I know a lot who are tired of this garbage! Obviously Bennet is too! 

jack-nicholson-goos-fraba.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

So it’s not OK for Coach Bennett to get in our QBs face and yell at him like that.  That does nothing but hurt his confidence.  Why is Bennett allowed to act like that?

He’s tired of Aune! And knows the dude is trash! He’s tired of his defense playing their tails off and Aune only completing 48% of his passes and throwing things in the dirt. His real frustrations are with Seth, make no mistake about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Is it just me or was Shorter open in the endzone on that last throw of the half? Felt like Aune panicked several times on that drive and we could have got 7. Honestly, the defense has let some big drives but is playing ok. We should be winning with better QB play.

My biggest gripe is playcalling. On the drive where we turned it over on downs, we got a good 6 yard run on 1st and 10, then a deep pass to Shorter, then a 2 yard loss. Didn't understand the deep attempt. Running was doing well and we abandoned it. Seems they still haven't figured out how to lean on the run.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Is it just me or was Shorter open in the endzone on that last throw of the half? Felt like Aune panicked several times on that drive and we could have got 7. Honestly, the defense has let some big drives but is playing ok. We should be winning with better QB play.

My biggest gripe is playcalling. On the drive where we turned it over on downs, we got a good 6 yard run on 1st and 10, then a deep pass to Shorter, then a 2 yard loss. Didn't understand the deep attempt. Running was doing well and we abandoned it. Seems they still haven't figured out how to lean on the run.

It’s time realize Aune isn’t it! I don’t care what plays are being played! Let Gunnell play! Maybe with in game experience he will improve! Aune has been qb for 3 years and still hasn’t improved! Time to pull the plug on Aune.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

The dude should start taking his life serious and get a job! He’s almost 30 and he’s playing with 18 yr old kids. Last year should have been his last year in an eagle uniform if littrell was serious about his job. As new coach first thing I’m doing is revoking Aune’s scholarship.

Get his ass

• Haha 3