SMUt v TCU

Jonnyeagle

Siggurs playing well.  Seems to me Seth losing Siggurs to SMU and his then best pal Sonny was a bad sign for Seth’s ability to be a head coach. If Sonny respected Seth and they were really friends how could that happen?

Just another huge personnel loss that got swept under the rug like the twins and Brammer and so many others. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Watching this game (TCU now up 14-0) don't you love how both these offenses spread the defenses out with quick passes to the sidelines and letting your receivers make big chunks of yardage which seems to open up the running game? Sure wish we would/could do that.

• Upvote 2

So who do we root for in this game? Do we want TCU to put them in their rightful place? (not ready for prime time) or smut to make our loss to them look not so bad? I'm torn.

No I'm not.

GO FROGS!

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

So who do we root for in this game? Do we want TCU to put them in their rightful place? (not ready for prime time) or smut to make our loss to them look not so bad? I'm torn.

No I'm not.

GO FROGS!

TCU. I have no reason to dislike them. SMU is the entitled bunch with little to show for. I hope they get humbled today.

• Upvote 2

SMU's football commentators on 96.7 mocking Austin Aune as only the second oldest player SMU has faced this year. The TCU punter takes the cake. He's also 29 but slightly older than Aune who only recently turned 29. Laughs were aplenty on the Dallas radio station as they made sure to note 29-year-old Aune plays for North Texas.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Siggurs playing well.  Seems to me Seth losing Siggurs to SMU and his then best pal Sonny was a bad sign for Seth’s ability to be a head coach. If Sonny respected Seth and they were really friends how could that happen?

Just another huge personnel loss that got swept under the rug like the twins and Brammer and so many others. 

That had little to do with Sonny and everything to do with Mathis/Samples. He would’ve went to SMU out of HS except he claims he didn’t have the grades to get into SMU out of high school. The disrespect is all from Siggers and not Sonny.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

28-7 TCU.

I’m glad 60% of the crowd is enjoying this game.  

25 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

SMU's football commentators on 96.7 mocking Austin Aune as only the second oldest player SMU has faced this year. The TCU punter takes the cake. He's also 29 but slightly older than Aune who only recently turned 29. Laughs were aplenty on the Dallas radio station as they made sure to note 29-year-old Aune plays for North Texas.

The only thing that comes close to hearing the defeat, despair, and dejection in Craig Way's voice, is hearing it in Rich Phillips' voice.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The only thing that comes close to hearing the defeat, despair, and dejection in Craig Way's voice, is hearing it in Rich Phillips' voice.

Clearly I don't know these guys by name. I never even knew SMU games were broadcast on the radio. I've been working Saturdays so I've been listening to their games while I drive around conducting my business.

I'll say this, there's not much on the radio that beats the subtle hints of panic mixed in with the manufactured excitement required by calling play-by-play each time TCU gets chunk yards.

giphy (1).gif

Edited by GMG_Dallas