Uniforms vs. Memphis

Victorygreen04

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m confused. Are the pants going to be white or green? We have conflicting graphics.

Looks like green helmet, white top, and white pants. The greenish pants seem to be the filter on the graphic. I think? I was initially confused, too

Edited by Glory to the Green
Oxford comma was missing
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think they are amazing.  I don't think Oregon was the first to use this idea, and I don't mind if we are borrowing it too.

I’ve heard others say that Oregon wasn’t the first, but they are definitely the first I remember.  I’ve tried to research it, but I guess my Google skills are lacking.  Anybody got any concrete evidence on this?

As far these unis go, I like’em.  

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, NT93 said:

I’ve heard others say that Oregon wasn’t the first, but they are definitely the first I remember.  I’ve tried to research it, but I guess my Google skills are lacking.  Anybody got any concrete evidence on this?

As far these unis go, I like’em.  

According to the The Helmet Project, Oregon introduced the look in 2012.  First evidence for us is 2016.

976618923_ScreenShot2022-09-23at10_42_44AM.png.4f93e4e928d47f7a743e6b3fbfa5a4d2.png

48394439_ScreenShot2022-09-23at10_44_07AM.png.5431b0bb3f2fd8fa36294b694580e930.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But our diving eagle dates back to the mid 2000s. Hard to say we're copying Oregon when we're using a logo that predates their wing pattern. 

We’re taking part of our logo and adapting it to a similar look as Oregon.  I don’t know if it’s copying Oregon, but it’s certainly borrowing from them.

Put it this way, if Oregon had never introduced that look, I doubt very seriously UNT would be wearing the helmet their wearing on Saturday.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

But our diving eagle dates back to the mid 2000s. Hard to say we're copying Oregon when we're using a logo that predates their wing pattern. 

Near the end of the 2013 season for the first full SoW decal helmet.  Still a year after O, but I thought the discussion was about using the zoomed-in partial tail or wing feather look.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

That "diving eagle" is not ours either.   

Just another "copy", this time from the Australian Air Force....

20160727raaf8165233_026-scaled.jpg

Edited by NT80
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

20 hours ago, NT80 said:

That "diving eagle" is not ours either.   

Just another "copy", this time from the Australian Air Force....

20160727raaf8165233_026-scaled.jpg

Are you sure of that, I doubt it.

I checked the internet and could find no mention of the eagle design's connection with the Australian Air Force.

This might be an individual use on one airplane or squadron. 

Really makes no difference, but why would you think this design was stolen by NT and not copied by the AAF?

I have certainly no idea of the date of this picture or the age of this plane.  However, it looks to me much newer than NT's use of the "flying worm".

There are hundreds of designs for the most used symbol in the world.  It is very possible that both were independently developed.  .

• Downvote 1