Who Am I?

UNTLifer

Who was the stud UNT lost  to the Jehovah Witness his senior year in Denton which would have been (I think) the 1971/1972 season?  Seems his first name was Bobby. 
*** There were few SWC teams who could beat Missouri Valley Conference teams back in that era.  

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

how about Coach Jimmy Gales?? was an assistant to Blakely, left to coach high school ball at SOC, & came back to UNT as head coach.  

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Correct. My next clue was going to be “Inducted into the HOF and didn’t score a single point during his career”.

• Upvote 1

https://meangreensports.com/honors/north-texas-athletics-hall-of-fame/jimmy-gales/164

Jimmy Gales was the head coach of the Mean Green basketball team from 1986-87 to 1992-93, in addition to serving as an assistant under former coach Bill Blakeley from 1975 to 1983.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to add a little story about Fred with my answer NT was playing Baylor in Waco so my buddy drove down to watch the game. Holler was the coach if Baylor and Blakeley was our coach we we're getting hosed by SWC refs, but Fred missed every shot he took in the 1st half almost missing the backboard a couple of times, my buddy were just astonished. We were down by 20 came out second Fred was on fire and we came back and won by 18, talked to Blakeley & Tubbs after the game, he told us that Fred wore contacts and had put left in right eye ect!

• Upvote 1