Mean Green vs Memphis: Score Prediction Thread

Coffee and TV

48-34 Memphis 

It's probably not gonna be a great afternoon for us, but nothing better than your team getting a win in a game they're 13 point dogs in. Our secondary will be badly burned, but maybe we'll convert some more 3rd and 4th downs this week. Take the over but not the points. 

• Upvote 1

Guys, come on now. I know I am the "enemy" here but some of these responses are funny even to me hahaha. @Coffee and TV basically nailed it. Do not take the points. Take the over. Our defense will give up chunk plays and explosive plays. I love those dudes, but that is just what we have done for years. We have dominated off of explosiveness and big time turnovers/stops when it counted. Since my guy Norvell left for Florida State (which as a young season ticket holder/booster I am still recovering from) we haven't had 3 NFL running backs/WR on the field at the same time. So at times we sputter on O because of the lack of playmaking. I watched Seth L. talk about our D, but our defense has always been physical and fast, but will give up that "WTF" moment more than I like to admit. 

Do I believe the Tigers should win, yes. 100%. But a score of 48-37 is definitely realistic. Some of these 13, 10, 7, scores for NT is actually funny to me. No way. Unless you run the triple option. Just go back and watch the SMU-Memphis Gameday game from 19 when we won the conference and played in the Cotton Bowl. Our defense is the same with different personnel and an awesome coordinator I like from Ohio State, but we have always lacked on D. Our D is a Big 12 D. Slow someone down and get one stop. I hate the outscore mentality but until I see different it is what it is. Makes for good TV but stroke worthy watching a game as a fan. 

You guys will score. I take no OOC game as an automatic anymore. UTSA rolled in last year down big and out...yet...came back and won in the Liberty Bowl. I am still hurt from that. Memphis is now 23-1 in the last 24 OOC game opportunities. No one thought UTSA was going to break that streak.

I hate to admit it, but it will be a game. Even the possibility of UNT sneaking it out. I hope one of those scores from @TripleGrad, @KingDL1, or my favorite @Tom McKrackin is the result, but not likely. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, BluffCity901 said:

Guys, come on now. I know I am the "enemy" here but some of these responses are funny even to me hahaha. @Coffee and TV basically nailed it. Do not take the points. Take the over. Our defense will give up chunk plays and explosive plays. I love those dudes, but that is just what we have done for years. We have dominated off of explosiveness and big time turnovers/stops when it counted. Since my guy Norvell left for Florida State (which as a young season ticket holder/booster I am still recovering from) we haven't had 3 NFL running backs/WR on the field at the same time. So at times we sputter on O because of the lack of playmaking. I watched Seth L. talk about our D, but our defense has always been physical and fast, but will give up that "WTF" moment more than I like to admit. 

Do I believe the Tigers should win, yes. 100%. But a score of 48-37 is definitely realistic. Some of these 13, 10, 7, scores for NT is actually funny to me. No way. Unless you run the triple option. Just go back and watch the SMU-Memphis Gameday game from 19 when we won the conference and played in the Cotton Bowl. Our defense is the same with different personnel and an awesome coordinator I like from Ohio State, but we have always lacked on D. Our D is a Big 12 D. Slow someone down and get one stop. I hate the outscore mentality but until I see different it is what it is. Makes for good TV but stroke worthy watching a game as a fan. 

You guys will score. I take no OOC game as an automatic anymore. UTSA rolled in last year down big and out...yet...came back and won in the Liberty Bowl. I am still hurt from that. Memphis is now 23-1 in the last 24 OOC game opportunities. No one thought UTSA was going to break that streak.

I hate to admit it, but it will be a game. Even the possibility of UNT sneaking it out. I hope one of those scores from @TripleGrad, @KingDL1, or my favorite @Tom McKrackin is the result, but not likely. 

Man, we are terrible against anyone with FBS talent. And if it’s on the road, forget it…we turtle hard in these games against anyone with talent, much less an AAC team that isn’t far from being in the Cotton Bowl a few years ago. 

Y’all are light years better than UNLV, a team that won 2 games last years. We lost to them by 31 points. I’m being generous by suggesting y’all only beat us by 30, as I think y’all will play it conservative in the second half and will let us score some garbage points. Aune is our QB and our defense is a sieve…we will only get wins the rest of the season against spares from the worst conference in FBS. Very pathetically, it’s still possible that we could beat enough of them to have our head coach keep his job and get an extension. It’s that bad here…if Memphis can’t beat us in Memphis by something similar to what UNLV did, y’all are gonna get to squeal like Ned Beatty in conference play.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1