Jump to content

SL Weekly Presser 9/20/22


Big Z
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BBA1989 said:

His body language shows he didn’t want to be there. Reminded me of when Gerritt Cole was interviewed after the Astros lost to the Nationals in game 7.  

Yes.  I only watched a couple minutes but he seemed defensive also to Vito's questions.  Like he was angry at the whole situation and being forced to be there too.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Yes.  I only watched a couple minutes but he seemed defensive also to Vito's questions.  Like he was angry at the whole situation and being forced to be there too.

Him and Vito have had that kind of chemistry for years though. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Same Here!

 

Going to be something about all 3 phases and not executing

I listened, & he said the word “execute” no less than a dozen times.

I hope the players understand when he says “we didn’t execute”, he’s saying, “we (coaches) put you in a position to succeed with a brilliant play call, but you all suck.”

Virtually no ownership.

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Good for him that Vito keeps things on a positive spin. He could easily be putting out articles that are ripping set apart.

Yup but because our reputational economics afford us only one beat guy he can’t push the boundaries for fear of losing what leverage he does have.  More interest is coming and I’m not blaming Bret and as a long time Seth homer I think Seth has taken advantage of that leverage quite a bit by being short with him and not giving much meat on the bone with answers.  I understand that is probably just a personality thing but it probably afforded Seth a lot of space to hide and maybe even unintentionally abuse that situation.  Respect and appreciation to both of those guys for their efforts.  I just think it’s sad we don’t have more interest driving more critical takes and equally more respect for such interest from a head coach. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

 I just think it’s sad we don’t have more interest driving more critical takes and equally more respect for such interest from a head coach. 

Agree but a lot of it is we just have never enjoyed consistent success here. Mostly due to poor coaching hires.  We have a good location, good facilities and tons of alumni.  Look at UTSA, they have had a team in the top 25 and that helps get a legion of fans engaged.  We had the one 9 win season with Littrell and lost the bowl.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Agree but a lot of it is we just have never enjoyed consistent success here. Mostly due to poor coaching hires.  We have a good location, good facilities and tons of alumni.  Look at UTSA, they have had a team in the top 25 and that helps get a legion of fans engaged.  We had the one 9 win season with Littrell and lost the bowl.

Yes but that’s the hope that keeps us coming back and desiring accountability.  I think that concept of accountability has been the biggest hurdle.  Who’s accepting the mediocrity?  The “Administration” became the “big money donors”…All the while blaming the students and alumni for lack of engagement.  Truth is, everyone wants to see success at this point.  Don’t discount how much the large donors have given to get us to the AAC, don’t discount the students for showing up week 1, don’t discount everyone doing their affordable parts.  Meanwhile let’s also all keep identifying and vocalizing our issues so they can get fixed.  Respect and accountability go hand in hand.  Hopefully our fanbase can navigate these waters with the right balance over this next stretches. I genuinely believe Wren and Neal and our large donors are seeing relatively clearly right now.  Appreciate Seth for the good times,  I think they all see the writing on the wall and things are in the works. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn’t think it was as bad as some made it out. He said they have to be better as players and coaches. He said that overall the offense did well except for 7 or 8 plays that really hurt them. The only thing he said that I had a problem with was the short yardage explanation. He says with our experience on the Oline and in the backfield that we should be able to get one yard and that we were 92% on third or fourth and short last year. My problem is, this isn’t last year bud. We are running closer to zero percent than 92% this season.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tmjerm said:

Yup but because our reputational economics afford us only one beat guy he can’t push the boundaries for fear of losing what leverage he does have.  More interest is coming and I’m not blaming Bret and as a long time Seth homer I think Seth has taken advantage of that leverage quite a bit by being short with him and not giving much meat on the bone with answers.  I understand that is probably just a personality thing but it probably afforded Seth a lot of space to hide and maybe even unintentionally abuse that situation.  Respect and appreciation to both of those guys for their efforts.  I just think it’s sad we don’t have more interest driving more critical takes and equally more respect for such interest from a head coach. 

One beat reporter for a program about to go into the AAC and in the DFW area, like our radio signal, is FCS level.

  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NT80 said:

One beat reporter for a program about to go into the AAC and in the DFW area, like our radio signal, is FCS level.

One reporter per beat is normal in 2020's news coverage. I believe the DMN only has one reporter covering the Rangers and one covering the Mavericks with various columnist writing articles after games or significant events. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.