9.13.22 COACHES HOT SEAT 2022

cousin oliver

Just think though. If Texas fires Jimbo (your guess good as mine), Auburn fires Harsin (weird hire) which seems likely and the Rhule experiment ends at Carolina, you could end up with Nebraska, TAMU and Auburn all three bidding for Matt Rhule. He could we be the highest paid coach in college football next year.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I think it has more to do with people don't think a program like UNT should fire a coach that can win 6 games a year. 

Yep.    Little ol' UNT is not a real player.  So their coaching situation is never dire.

They proved it last year when Littrell was routinely in the top 10 of this list early in the season (before his "turnaround" on the back half).  When you're coming off back-to-back 9-win seasons, and you crap the bed 2 seasons in a row, then start out 1-6, that's 100% fireable for a program who is serious about winning... but not here.
So, Littrell will hang out at the bottom of this list.   Everyone knows he should be fired, but not everyone believes he will be.

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 hours ago, BBA1989 said:

A&M not gonna spend the money to buy out Jimbo.  Sip fans think Sarkisian will lead them to the promised land.  For some of the others on the list, this list makes no sense.  

A&M won't fire Jimbo, but I don't expect him to be calling plays next year. He'll be forced to hire an innovative OC to lead the offense. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

A&M won't fire Jimbo, but I don't expect him to be calling plays next year. He'll be forced to hire an innovative OC to lead the offense. 

Do you mean to tell me DD would be fired from A&M, and there's a possibility of hiring Fuente here & getting the Memphis gang back together at UNT?   THE Darrell Dickey would be OC at UNT, practicing on fields that bear his name?     Sign me up!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Do you mean to tell me DD would be fired from A&M, and there's a possibility of hiring Fuente here & getting the Memphis gang back together at UNT?   THE Darrell Dickey would be OC at UNT, practicing on fields that bear his name?     Sign me up!

I just want to be there when he meets with the guy running the NIL group....

• Haha 4

Boise State fired their coach after losing to UTEP.  Boise State crushed SDSU this week.  I think teams are firing coach earlier so they have first pick at the coaches available.  If SL contract is not extended at the end of the season we will start out behind the eight ball.  I would think all parties involved know SL future here.  I sure his agent is looking for extension by now.  If both parties agree he won't be back then SL needs to start his job search and WB needs to start looking for coach.  

WB has to make the decision soon I would think.  This is total speculation on my part.  I have no idea how this works behind closed doors.  

• Upvote 1