How Many Total Wins?

Cerebus

How Many Wins?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Win at the end of the Year?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8-10
    • 11+

This poll is closed to new votes

Last year, I laughed at all of the people saying this year’s schedule was a cupcake schedule and that Littrell was surely on his way to an extension. As if all of those hadn’t previously learned their lesson not to trust a Littrell coached time after time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

21 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Last year, I laughed at all of the people saying this year’s schedule was a cupcake schedule and that Littrell was surely on his way to an extension. As if all of those hadn’t previously learned their lesson not to trust a Littrell coached time after time. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The culture changes with the head coach. Whoever we hire won't give a crap about what's happened before. And I don't think I need to remind you or anyone else that the culture at UNT the past 7 or 8 years is drastically different than previous decades. 

This is obvious in how many season-ticket-holding fans have walked away from a bowl-qualified team (myself included).    My first season of season tickets was due to the excitement Todd Dodge brought.   I sat through all of his years and McCarney's years because the culture and expectations were drastically lower back then.  NT Football: Our Loveable Losers.

Now that Littrell & Baker have shot the expectations through the roof (9-win seasons & doubling season ticket prices), its much more disheartening to see a team struggling around mediocrity & below for the past 3 years.

• Upvote 3

On 9/20/2022 at 11:22 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

Littrell has been waiting for this moment. The moment to put it all together. 

He runs the table. 10-2. Wins the conf championship game in front of 32,000 at Apogee to get to 11-2 and then the bowl game vs a 7-5 SEC team to get to 13-2 and finishes the season #20 in the nation.  We all owe him an apology and a big fat extension. 

I'll have what he's having!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Do you think SL has been keeping his play calling too a few plays because he is saving his playbook for the conference games?  You know maybe he adds a run to the outside for the conference games😁.   

Has he stopped using Jake Roberts in the offense?  

I find it odd how much he's gotten away from the outside zone.

I get that most of our backs (aside from Adeyi) are big downhill runners more suited for a power/gap scheme, but Jeff Wilson was so effective running the outside zone. 

I hope PB gives the offense coordinator and SL a ear full on the way home.  SL does the same over and over and expects a different result. WB got to do something soon or he will have 940 people at the last home game, we could put 940 on the helmets to honor the faithful fans in attendance.

VITO here is a question you can ask Seth this week; " Will we see a new qb next week?"

On 9/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, UNTcrazy727 said:

Man, they are soooo bad. We should be able to drop 40+ on them and their offense isn't competent enough to consistently score points. They are not an FBS program right now. 

This was proven to be very true yesterday. 73-0? Ouch. At least when we gave up 79 it was against OU with a HS coaching staff. 

On 9/19/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cerebus said:

Looking at our schedule, things are bleak.  FPI has us ranked 112 out of 131 FBS teams. 

• @Memphis 2-1 -  Ranked 54 - Only loss is Miss St, wins against Navy and Ark St.
  • FAU 2-2 - Ranked 81 - Maybe shakier than they seem? Losses to Ohio (not st) and UCF.  Wins against Charlotte (122) and SELa.
  • LaTech 1-2 - Ranked 97 - They've had a killer schedule.  Losses to Mizzou and Clemson, lone win against SFA.
  • @UTSA 1-2 - Ranked 68 - Losses to UH and UT, win against Army.
  • @WKU 2-1 - Ranked 65 - Close loss to Indiana, wins against Hawaii and Austin Peay.
  • FIU 1-1 - Ranked 130 - Only team FPI has us ahead of, squeaked out 1pt win against (not Kobe) Bryant, big loss to TexSt.
  • @UAB 2-1 - Ranked 55 - Wins against Georgia Southern and Alabama A&M, lost to the Fightin' Fallwells. 
  • Rice 2-1 - Ranked 108 - Lost to USC, beat McNeese, and snapped the Cajuns 16 win streak.

Just an update on the FPI numbers.  FPI has moved us UP to 108.

• FAU moves up to 76 after a 2pt lose to Purdue.
  • LaTech falls to 100 after losing to USA.
  • UTSA falls 13 spots to 81 after killing TexSo.
  • WKU moves all the way up to 43 after murdering FIU.
  • FIU, dead last at 131, after the above murder.
  • UAB down to 57 after an off week.
  • Rice up one spot to 107 after losing by one score to UH.

Memphis fell 4 spots after beating us.   FIU is still the only school FPI has ranked below us.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Just an update on the FPI numbers.  FPI has moved us UP to 108.

• FAU moves up to 76 after a 2pt lose to Purdue.
  • LaTech falls to 100 after losing to USA.
  • UTSA falls 13 spots to 81 after killing TexSo.
  • WKU moves all the way up to 43 after murdering FIU.
  • FIU, dead last at 131, after the above murder.
  • UAB down to 57 after an off week.
  • Rice up one spot to 107 after losing by one score to UH.

Memphis fell 4 spots after beating us.   FIU is still the only school FPI has ranked below us.

UH, SMU, Utah State and like schools kangaroo punch us in our throat every time we play, but somehow other schools compete and/or beat those similar programs. I don't get it. Our only 'yay us' win that comes to mind with SL was the win over a really bad Chad Morris coached Arkansas team and the Army home game we won by a fg. The other "statement games", if you will, are just awful showings over and over and over...

• Upvote 1