How Many Total Wins?

Cerebus

How Many Wins?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Win at the end of the Year?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8-10
    • 11+

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Why? Different schemes/gameplans? Different lineups? Players fired up by the change? All of the above? Just curious. 

I think it the "Players fired up by the change?" is a big part of it. Though its not huge. 

• Upvote 4

5-6 wins still feels about right. The bottom of this conference is really bad. 

To me it all hinges on the La Tech game. Because if we don’t win that, we’re going to lose 6 straight. UNLV already baked in as a loss, then Memphis, FAU, LA Tech, UTSA, WKU is a pretty brutal stretch for an average team. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, UNT Family Man said:

We still find a way to 6-6 but lose the bowl and finish 6-7. New coach and head into the AAC. Again, I hope the change occurs sooner rather than later.

If that’s how we finish he will not be fired. It is going to take a total collapse of the football program to get him out of here. That’s just how things work in Denton.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Littrell has been waiting for this moment. The moment to put it all together. 

He runs the table. 10-2. Wins the conf championship game in front of 32,000 at Apogee to get to 11-2 and then the bowl game vs a 7-5 SEC team to get to 13-2 and finishes the season #20 in the nation.  We all owe him an apology and a big fat extension. 

Im Good You Got It GIF by Schoolyard TV

• Haha 2

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Good data points"

MGNation92 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 25 points.

15 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

I was thinking about the Sagarin ratings. 

UTEP 155

TSU 236

Based on Sagarin, we're going 3-9 this year.

FIU is the only team left on our schedule ranked lower than us

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Based on Sagarin, we're going 3-9 this year.

FIU is the only team left on our schedule ranked lower than us

My God, imagine anyone seeing this schedule and thinking 3 wins is the best we could do. With these great CUSA recruiting classes, too.

What a colossal failure…at a bare minimum, we should have 5 wins against these spares. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Agree - hate for the kids to go through it but it is what it is.

The players need the lesson in real life…it’ll make them tougher and better in anything they do later.

Whats best for the entire program is for SL to go. He’s been shown to be nothing without Mason Fine and Graham Harrell together…absolutely nothing. I don’t know if we will be able to hire anyone who can do any better than he’s done here, but I do know his time is up.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I don’t know if we will be able to hire anyone who can do any better than he’s done here, but I do know his time is up.

That is crazy talk. This is a highly desirable job and will get a ton of interest.  There are plenty of candidates that would love to have had the opportunities thrown Littrell's way.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pissed 1

11 hours ago, cousin oliver said:

That is crazy talk. This is a highly desirable job and will get a ton of interest.  There are plenty of candidates that would love to have had the opportunities thrown Littrell's way.

Well, it will be highly sought after because it pays well and it one of 130 head football jobs at the FBS level...my question has nothing to do with finding great candidates--you're exactly right, there will be plenty. It has everything to do with knowing we win about 4 games a year on average here, no matter who is the coach, no matter who is the AD, no matter where we play, no matter what conference we are in, and no matter who our leadership is at the President/Chancellor level. The culture here is rotten--and it has been for decades. Nothing changes that until you string along winning seasons of more than 2 in a row while playing teams people have heard of and care about. Somebody will convince themselves they will be different than Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, Todd Dodge, Dan McCarney, and Seth Littrell have felt since 1994, all of whom have combined to give us a .382 winning percentage.

Until proven differently, the status quo is that we average 4 wins a season, with some great seasons getting us 9 wins, and awful seasons getting us 2 or less. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, it will be highly sought after because it pays well and it one of 130 head football jobs at the FBS level...my question has nothing to do with finding great candidates--you're exactly right, there will be plenty. It has everything to do with knowing we win about 4 games a year on average here, no matter who is the coach, no matter who is the AD, no matter where we play, no matter what conference we are in, and no matter who our leadership is at the President/Chancellor level. The culture here is rotten--and it has been for decades. Nothing changes that until you string along winning seasons of more than 2 in a row while playing teams people have heard of and care about. Somebody will convince themselves they will be different than Matt Simon, Darrell Dickey, Todd Dodge, Dan McCarney, and Seth Littrell have felt since 1994, all of whom have combined to give us a .382 winning percentage.

Until proven differently, the status quo is that we average 4 wins a season, with some great seasons getting us 9 wins, and awful seasons getting us 2 or less. 

The culture changes with the head coach. Whoever we hire won't give a crap about what's happened before. And I don't think I need to remind you or anyone else that the culture at UNT the past 7 or 8 years is drastically different than previous decades. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

The culture changes with the head coach. Whoever we hire won't give a crap about what's happened before. And I don't think I need to remind you or anyone else that the culture at UNT the past 7 or 8 years is drastically different than previous decades. 

Agreed, but you do have to factor in that the Head Coach relies on donors, staffing capabilities, reputation, etc.  Its part of the job, but Jim is right about our alumni/fanbase’s focus not being on doing all it takes to win.  I do think we have made tons of strides though and I count myself as one who will continue to show up and spend money so I can do my part to improve things.  It can be hard to want to at times, but it’s what needs to be done if we want the to have joyful Apogee Saturdays…and I’m damn sure bought into doing my part to create those kinds of days til I die. 

• Upvote 1