How Many Total Wins?

Cerebus

How Many Wins?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Win at the end of the Year?

• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8-10
    • 11+

This poll is closed to new votes

Looking at our schedule, things are bleak.  FPI has us ranked 112 out of 131 FBS teams. 

• @Memphis 2-1 -  Ranked 54 - Only loss is Miss St, wins against Navy and Ark St.
  • FAU 2-2 - Ranked 81 - Maybe shakier than they seem? Losses to Ohio (not st) and UCF.  Wins against Charlotte (122) and SELa.
  • LaTech 1-2 - Ranked 97 - They've had a killer schedule.  Losses to Mizzou and Clemson, lone win against SFA.
  • @UTSA 1-2 - Ranked 68 - Losses to UH and UT, win against Army.
  • @WKU 2-1 - Ranked 65 - Close loss to Indiana, wins against Hawaii and Austin Peay.
  • FIU 1-1 - Ranked 130 - Only team FPI has us ahead of, squeaked out 1pt win against (not Kobe) Bryant, big loss to TexSt.
  • @UAB 2-1 - Ranked 55 - Wins against Georgia Southern and Alabama A&M, lost to the Fightin' Fallwells. 
  • Rice 2-1 - Ranked 108 - Lost to USC, beat McNeese, and snapped the Cajuns 16 win streak.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Oops.   I didn't read good and chose 2-3 (thinking that's all we would win moving forward).   But I think it's going to be 4-5 now.   I still don't think WKU is as good as everyone thinks, and they're still being propped up by last year's success.  That game is a toss-up.   LATech is going to be battle-tested for our matchup.  If they're getting better, they could easily win, but NT should win that one.    Other than those two, FIU & Rice are about it.

• Cerebus changed the title to How Many Total Wins?
  • Cerebus pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Not real sure I would call any game a "definite"  win.  FIU looks really down this year and the game is here, but...

Man, they are soooo bad. We should be able to drop 40+ on them and their offense isn't competent enough to consistently score points. They are not an FBS program right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I'm going to hold my breath for 6-6. I think all the home games are winnable. Of course, we won't them all, and if Seth still wants a job we've got to win one of the last four on the road.

If he gets us to 6-6 and actually wins a bowl game, will GMG.com forgive him of his past sins?

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NTSU52 said:

Game is shaping up to be a very similar matchup, both teams are once again god-awful, and playing in Denton. I believe we won that game back in 06' too so hopefully we can repeat that.

I'm not digging into any possible statistical comparison so, just to me personally, I don't feel like we (2022 UNT) are nearly as bad as that UNT team.

Lets see the only FBS team we beat so far is ranked 125. Plus we got trounced by a UNLV team currently ranked 91.

So it looks like maybe one more win late in the season when by keeping Littrell he may have lost the team by then and wins for this season may be a thing of the past. I just can't see this coaching staff lead by SL getting the team fired up to win much. If I am game planning a defense against us I would stack the box and bring the house. Force Aune to beat the defense with his arm while on the run. 

I think our odds of winning increase if Seth gets the axe now.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1