My quickie scouting report on Memphis

Arkstfan

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Man, if only we could balance the attack without "not executing".   
See, that's the problem Arkstfan.   Our players continually fail to "execute".  Our coach tells us it's "on me" to fix, but it just seems like we can't "execute" every week we play a good team.   Isn't that weird?

Sounds like he went to the Blake Anderson school of post-game press conferences.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Yes the excuse of not Executing seems to be the std story -- SO how long does a staff get a pass for doing a bad job - In the field of play, if you do this for a couple games in a row your "riding the pine" -- are coaches exempt of their own rules ---Kinda like the yoyo's in DC? Seth said we failed on all 3 phases -- and we have to coach better - so I guess that will all be fixed this week and we'll win > ?    Nah don't see that happening at all just hope we somehow show more of our talent and less of our azz,,,,,,   I agree with some of the others that in many cases we have capable guys except for DB's (we lost two I know they were counting on) and the QB quandary - but can we compensate with the rest of the team and better schemes ? hummmm ?

• Upvote 4

I watched most of the game. The defense definitely isn't the best, but Arkansas State is a much better team then we are offensively. The only thing I saw was that they did have some trouble defending the run. Our only hope IMO is running the rock. Seth Henigan is legit though, and we're going to get to know him well as a future conference mate, because he's only a Sophomore.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

You might start with "Will ANY phases of the game be working this week?"

Start even simpler: “What do YOU think are the three phases of football?”

Maybe we’re all just looking at different things, you know? Maybe jersey combos has been one of the phases this whole time and we need more jersey threads…

22 hours ago, Monkeypox said:

Here's all I need to know about Memphis:

FBS and not in CUSA. Seth goes 0-12.

To be fair he beat Arkansas /s

It's really sad that he routinely makes mid-tier G5's look like Alabama. I don't expect to win every non-conference FBS game, but at least make it look remotely competitive.

I expect Memphis to win by 3+ scores

Edited by MGNation92

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

To be fair he beat Arkansas /s

It's really sad that he routinely makes mid-tier G5's look like Alabama. I don't expect to win every non-conference FBS game, but at least make it look remotely competitive.

Yeah, I'm just going on what he's done since Liberty 2018. He's 0-11 vs OOC FBS since then. Overall, 5-18. And don't look at the score differential. People talk about body bag games when that's everything outside of FCS and CUSA for SL.

Armyx2, SMU, Arkansas, Liberty... that's the OOC FBS wins for his career.